Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you carry?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Spyderco Delica

Posts liked by others
    Spyderco Calypso Jr.
    I just got it. So far, so good!
    NRA(LIFE) USPSA/IPSC Good, cheap hosting -->HERE

Posts liked by others
    I daily carry a Moore Maker trapper and an Emmerson LaGriffe. The trapper is for the more mundane knife task that pop up daily while the LaGriffe is for the more hardy needs...
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity...

Posts liked by others

What I carry...

I have a Kershaw Blur non-serrated blade in red, just like the one in the picture pete1953 posted. I carry it tip-up in my right front pocket. I love the assited open, just a nudge on the stud and it flips open really fast. The only problem I have ever had with it was when I carried it in my left front pocket. In that position the back of the blade faces forward, and the blade opened about 1/2". I put my hand in my pocket and the razor-sharp tip penetrated about 1/4" into the side of my hand right at the base of my pinky. I think it probably hit bone (good blade, right? This happened a couple months ago and the base of my pinky still aches on occasion.) When the knife is in my right front pocket, the back of the blade faces backwards, so even if it opens a bit the worst that will happen is it will slice the corner of my pocket open.

The clip is the only weakness in the design, I think. It can be switched for tip-up or tip-down carry in the right front pocket, but cannot be switched to the other side for left front pocket carry without running the risk of the blade opening into the pocket the way it did with me, and also requiring the added step on the draw of spinning the knife in the hand so the blade can be deployed. Also, the tip of the clip is recurved to facilitate slipping it over the rim of the pocket, so it protrudes a bit and can scratch things if you brush or push up against something (like the leather steering wheel in my car. Grrrr!)

On the plus side, I love the assisted open, the blade takes a razor-sharp edge, and the red anodized version looks really sharp. I bought one for all the guys in my immediate family for Xmas.
    "An armed society is a polite society."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein

Posts liked by others

What do you carry?

I really prefer to carry the Blur in the left front pocket, but I too have had the blade open on me. I've gotten small cuts in the past but this past week it opened and cut the side out of my pocket. I guess it is not just me. That is why I'm now carrying it on the right side and the Benchmade on the left.
    Married 29 years, wonderful wife & two daughters - all shooters & enjoy as a family. Enjoy motorcycles, trains, mountains & countryside. Believe in family, honor, love & respect. NRA, GOA, SAS, VCDL, ANJRPC, Falls Twp Rifle & Pistol #565

Posts liked by others

Columbia River M16-14T

Columbia River M16-14T

Posts liked by others

Carried this one for years

I carry a Gerber Combat Folder with a 4-1/4" blade. No body has ever questioned my carrying this even in civilian duds even though I carry it in a sheath on my belt. The only problem I have is in sharpening it. Once sharpened it stays sharpened but it is almost impossible to get it sharp to my satisfaction. It is one of the older ones ( I don't know if they make the full size one still) etched with Rex Applegate and W.E.Fairbairn on the blade.

Posts liked by others
    My favorite EDC knife is my Spyderco Calypso Jr PE, but I usually rotate it with a Spyderco Military PE.

Posts liked by others
    Gerber AR 3.0 BBS.

I work in an office environment. Don't want to scare the natives by carrying something bigger.

Posts liked by others
    I carry a Kershaw assisted open as well, although mine has a lock on it to keep it shut... I rarely use it though since mine doesnt have the problem of opening in my pocket. It might have to do with the amount of use the knife gets. If it's older the spring is more likely to be worn and not as strong so it won't open as readily in your pocket. Mine is about 2 years old and for the first few months after I got it, it did open in my pocket, however now it never does, unless something pushes the tab through my pantleg.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast