Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you carry?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

What do you carry?

Kershaw 1550 Ken Onion Blackout with serrated edge

"Speed-Safe" assisted one-handed opening

I have only one problem with this knife, and I consider it a major problem. Sometimes, when it is dropped on a hard surface, the spring will pop the knife open! Of course, a knife isn't meant to be dropped if you maintain a proper grip on it, but I would feel more comfortable if the blade didn't open when dropped.

-------------------------------------------------
    Moderator note: Please use this thread to show photos of knives only. For photos of knives and guns, use this thread:
    http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...681#post536681

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    That's a nice knife, but you should take care of that problem. I do not know how the mechanism works, but it can't be that difficult.

As for what I carry, right now an MOD Tempest, but don't take that for granted, it can change in a few minutes.

Rgds
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others

Cold Steel

I carry the Recon 1 from Cold Steel it has a tanto point, which I really like.
    I use it for everything, even opening oysters. Lol

I also put on my knives a simple lanyard. I like to take those small orange bungee cords with the hard plastic ball on them. You know the ones they use on those tarp and conduit awnings? Anyhow I take one of those and cut the ball of and thread the cord throught the lanyard hole and tie it off and then burn the ends. It is great to use on a ladder and also it helps at times to retrieve it out of your pocket. It is also good to use if you actually need to defend yourself so as to not lose your knife.

[IMG]\\hs-msserver1\dlindeman$\My Pictures\Cold steel.gif[/IMG]
    Have a great day!
    Mark
    NRA Life Member
    VFW

If you don't have time to do it right; when will you have time to do it over?

Posts liked by others
    Case Trapper.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by HungSquirrel

I have only one problem with this knife, and I consider it a major problem. Sometimes, when it is dropped on a hard surface, the spring will pop the knife open! Of course, a knife isn't meant to be dropped if you maintain a proper grip on it, but I would feel more comfortable if the blade didn't open when dropped.
    I won't carry another knife since I bought my Kershaw, same as yours except mine has non-serrated blade. Mine pops out when dropped too, downside to assisted opening I guess.

Posts liked by others

Nice!

Nice Kershaws fellows

I carried a Kershaw folder years ago in the Navy. It was the sharpest knife I ever bought. I still have it today. This was before the now ubiquitous pocket clip, so I do not use it as much since it has a belt sheath.
    Have a great day!
    Mark
    NRA Life Member
    VFW

If you don't have time to do it right; when will you have time to do it over?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by HungSquirrel

piggy back CASE 5in blade & 3in blade in the same sheath it's an old timer knife-Bill

Posts liked by others
    By the way, fellas, you can find that Kershaw at most Wal-Marts for a little over fifty bucks in the States. That's about twenty bucks less than most other places.

Posts liked by others

Daily carry blade

Mine is the Lone Wolf/Harsey tactical 4 1/2 inch blade folder - yes, it is bulky, but it is cockstrong and razor sharp!!!!
    www.stopungunban.org

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty; when the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." -Tacitus
    Last edited by progunner1957; 2nd February 2005 at 10:12.

Posts liked by others
    i carry a gerber ez out and a sheer auto folder
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning...

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast