Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Dear members,
Please make sure the email address we have for you, is correct and valid.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Para Ordnance CWX79R LDA Carry 9 Discussion thread

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Para Ordnance CWX79R LDA Carry 9 Discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss our review of the Para Ordnance CWX79R LDA Carry 9mm, located at:

http://ezine.m1911.org/POCWX79R_frame.htm

Tnx
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 27th November 2006 at 05:10.

Posts liked by others
    Form reading a lot about Para's since I been a member of 1911 I have been thinking of trying one out. I am after my wife to retire her carry gun and I think the cwx79 LDA 9mm just might get the job done for me. As soon as I can find one I am going to have her take a good look at it. Thanks to Slim for a fine report.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    Thomas Jefferson

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy
    Form reading a lot about Para's since I been a member of 1911 I have been thinking of trying one out. I am after my wife to retire her carry gun and I think the cwx79 LDA 9mm just might get the job done for me. As soon as I can find one I am going to have her take a good look at it. Thanks to Slim for a fine report.
    Thanks Baldy!
    It's interesting that you bring up the issue of your wife's carry gun.
    In my original draft, I had a rather long paragraph suggesting that the CWX79R Carry 9 would be an ideal gun for a woman. The more I edited, the more I began to think that I was advocating the Carry 9 as a "woman's gun", so I deleted my comment.

As I stated in the gun test, it is an ideal gun for concealed carry, by anyone who wants a reliable 3" barreled weapon.
    Steve

Posts liked by others
    Great review. But I'm curious as to why they didn't introduce this model on the GAP frame?

Now THAT would be ideal! I'd take that over the EMP!
    To all of those people that have been killed by a 9mm, get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!

Posts liked by others
    Rio Vista Slim hinted at a couple of points that, on the basis of a few years of carrying an LDA (12.45) I think deserve to be mentioned more clearly.

First, because the LDA hammer has the spur completely bobbed off (there's no need to cock the hammer manually, ever, plus you're not supposed to try), even when the pistol is cocked & locked the hammer is flush with the end of the slide. This means that all holsters with retention straps that are designed for a single action 1911 to be carried cocked & locked will also work with the LDA pistols.

Secondly, a small pistol like this is intended for concealed carry much more than a full- (Government) sized pistol. Perhaps even deep cover, or use as a back-up gun. The lack of a protruding hammer spur means there's less likelihood of the pistol getting tangled in the cover garment(s) when being drawn. It's essentially the 1911 equivalent of the Smith & Wesson revolvers with bobbed and/or shrouded hammers for concealed carry use.

Good review, Steve.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 10th December 2006 at 16:29.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HiVelSword
    But I'm curious as to why they didn't introduce this model on the GAP frame?
    I know for a fact that the thought had crossed their minds (at least someone's mind). Stay tuned, the Para .45GAP pistol is scheduled to go through our screening process very soon.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I know for a fact that the thought had crossed their minds (at least someone's mind). Stay tuned, the Para .45GAP pistol is scheduled to go through our screening process very soon.
    I'll be axiously waiting!

I was looking through the latest catalog and I saw the new "short action" LDA single stacks. An Officer's and a Para Carry. Pretty sweet. Then I saw the Carry 9 and scratched my head because it wasn't on the GAP frame.

Anyway, I really like the LDA. I am amazed the first time I dry fired one. Hopefully I can have one to actually shoot someday!
    To all of those people that have been killed by a 9mm, get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!

Posts liked by others
    Great review. Now if the gun was only legal in Canada we would be off to the races.

Take Care

Bob
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank
    Great review. Now if the gun was only legal in Canada we would be off to the races.

Take Care

Bob
    Thanks Bob!
    Somewhat of an update:
    I had the opportunity to fire a "competitor's" 9mm offering yesterday. The Carry 9 is easier to hold, more accurate, and the LDA trigger is far superior to the single action trigger on the other pistol. The more that I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I should have sent George a check, as opposed to sending the pistol back!

I am sorry that the gun is not legal in Canada.
    Steve

Posts liked by others

Rio Vista Slim

You know I have never pulled an LDA trigger yet but sure want to. I know most guys figure they would have nerves of steel when face with shoot/no shoot situation but I can see where the longer, albeit smooth trigger pull of the LDA would be of great benefit in preventing an "opps" that might occur with a short firm S/A trigger.

Again thanks for the great review, you ought to consider doing gun reviews for a profession.

Take Care

Bob
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast