Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: "New Pachmayr 1911 Tool Kit"

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

"New Pachmayr 1911 Tool Kit"

I just ordered one of these the other day and it looks pretty slick. Even better, it actually looks like a "tool" as opposed to an alien space gizmo. Many multitools I've played with are cumbersome knucklebusters. The only downfall here seems to be that it has no bushing wrench... guess they didnt take us Baer people into mind when they made it.

If Pachmayr's other screw drivers are any indication, this should be of good quality and durability. It boasts 6 different 1911 specific tools in a very compact package:

5/32" Pin Punch

5/32" Hex Drive

3/32" Hex Drive

.150" Small screwdriver

.210" Medium screwdriver

.325" Large screwdriver

Guns kill people the same way spoons make you fat.

Posts liked by others
    Nice post Ping Ping...and ditto on the tool. I've got one as well, and it works great. I like that it's not some sort of a folding tool that I can pinch my fingers with!
    Regards

Posts liked by others
    OK. I've used this and used it, now. The best thing since canned beer. There is nothing you can do to a 1911 that this thing wont tackle... other than cleaning. The quality is first rate; chromed shafts and hardened carbon tips. The lock-up could be a little tighter, but it's nothing to cry about.

The punch is even beveled high enough to help you recenter that misbehaving barrel lug, while trying to reinsert the slide stop! It's perfect for firing pin and pin-stop removal, too!

By far, the best 1911 multi-tool out there!

100% Ping appoved!

Posts liked by others
    Looks like a winner for the range bag Ping. Do the bits store in the handle?
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettwc
    Looks like a winner for the range bag Ping. Do the bits store in the handle?
    Yup. All in the handle with an easy access ratchet selector. It takes up the same amount of room as a magazine. I REALLY like this tool. Only thing is, I dont think it would take much whacking with a mallet for pin removal... but then, I havent encountered a 1911 pin that required much muscle.

100% Ping recommended

Posts liked by others

Tool

Another one of those things that I always needed and just never knew it...