Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowering Frame Bed

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Original Poster

No no! Lub tipped his hand gb. I know ya ain't hidin'.

Gotta go have my afternoon bowl of Cap'n Crunchberries...Later on!

Posts liked by others
    Outed?
    Heck I'm one incident from being banned!!!!
    For suggesting that a kid that bought a replica toy gun was
    'one taco shy of a combo plate'.

Posts liked by others

Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubaloy
    Outed?
    Heck I'm one incident from being banned!!!!
    For suggesting that a kid that bought a replica toy gun was
    'one taco shy of a combo plate'.
    If ya talk sweet to Lena, you might can get that lifted. She likes southern boys...

Posts liked by others
    As I disremember the incident, a 'kid' bought this '1911' on ebay. No paper work, no nothing. Cheap! Then was looking here to get it firing.
    No forum needs that kinda stuff.
    Kids IQ was definitely double digits.

Posts liked by others
    Be nice..........I make my living dealing with the double digit people..........
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others

Double Digit Kid

Lub...The way I see it, you mighta saved his life. Imagine if he'd actually figgered out a way to shoot it!

I vote to lift the ban.

Free Lubaloy! Free Lubaloy! Free Lubaloy!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Lynn
    Be nice..........I make my living dealing with the double digit people..........
    And Bless to you for it. But you wouldn't sell them guns, toys or otherwise, would you? (Or maybe so. Sometimes I'm pretty sure I'm a 2 bagger myself!)

Posts liked by others

re:

Free Lubaloy! Free Lubaloy!

Posts liked by others
    No, I wouldn't sell them anything evenly mildly weapons related. It frightens me to even think of them driving a motor vehicle let alone being armed.
    Lynnie, "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. "
    - Albert Camus

Posts liked by others

Frames and pictures and measurements, oh my

No matter what I checked, it still came back to the frame. Slide and barrel, tested on other working frames, went on correctly. On the new frame, they wedge tight - see first pic. (Using a Colt S70 barrel on the slide/frame it still wedges.) Lug engagement depth is .048. Free barrel drop is now .012 (see Pic1), not enough but not too bad, and easily adjusted - Schuemann calls for .020 min. The barrel measurements were all within .002 of two other new Kart NM barrels. The most interesting measurements were the bridge depths. Frame 5 from top (left) is the next consecutive number from Caspian, they were bought at the same time - I finished that one just before Hurricane Katrina and I don't remember removing so much from the bridge, but I must have.

Anyhow, comments or suggestions are most welcome - to me it still looks like I need to remove .015 to .020 from the bridge....

The frames are from top or left:
    Essex home built - bridge depth .099
    Colt S70 box stock (1980ish) - .094
    New Caspian stainless - .081
    *Current project, new Caspian carbon, - .080
    It's older brother also home build (consecutive sn with previous) - .097
    Another new stainless Caspian - .080

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast