Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Multitool Failed?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Multitool Failed?

While I'm still a newbie to 1911s, I've loved and collected multitools for years (yeah, I've got a fascinating life! ). So I'm wondering: When you've been using a multitool and it's failed you, what circumstance were you in and how did it fail you? Also, no "I was prying the paint can open with the knife..." kind of things. I hate it when the knife gets blamed because it can't pry open the paint can!

Thanks and Regards to you all,

Bill.

Posts liked by others
    when i had my leatherman, the wire cutters never worked... would "gnaw" at them as it were heh...

Posts liked by others
    Only problem I've ever had was my Leatherman Supertool's small screwdriver isn't ver strong, so it bends almost evertime I use it. It's an easy fix and that's the only problem I've had with it other than the handle not being rounded which I hear they've fixed on the newer models.
    "NGFL"

Posts liked by others
    I managed to put a notch in my Leatherman wire cutter. It started to catch whenever I wanted to open the pliers. It would take me two hands to open them, very inconvienient.

I kept the tool, but bought a newer version.

After about a year of off and on use, the catch seems to be gone, and now I have two good leathermans (leathermen?).

WM

Posts liked by others
    twisted off the tip of the small screwdriver, just took a file and straitened out the tip, and used a pliers to straiten the twist.

Otherwise dang near indestructible

Posts liked by others

wire cutter notch

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Man
    I managed to put a notch in my Leatherman wire cutter. It started to catch whenever I wanted to open the pliers. It would take me two hands to open them, very inconvienient.

I kept the tool, but bought a newer version.

After about a year of off and on use, the catch seems to be gone, and now I have two good leathermans (leathermen?).

WM
    Had the same thing happen to me while using the wire cutter on a soft iron nail. Except the notch was so strong the pliers would not open, so i had to use a file on them to get the piece working again. (Also the "original" Leatherman.)
    "............................" (Charlie Chaplin)

(Could I get the Smilies black and white?? )

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten1911
    Had the same thing happen to me while using the wire cutter on a soft iron nail. Except the notch was so strong the pliers would not open, so i had to use a file on them to get the piece working again. (Also the "original" Leatherman.)

I couldn't figure out how to get a file into that little bitty space. Now, I can't decide which tool I like the best. The new one or the original.

WM

Posts liked by others

little....

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Man
    I couldn't figure out how to get a file into that little bitty space. WM
    Its easy: You just have to use a little bitty file
    "............................" (Charlie Chaplin)

(Could I get the Smilies black and white?? )

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten1911
    All of us must have done this before. After I got the notch smoothed out I found it made a pretty good wire stripper.

Mike