Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recoil Spring Function

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by bearandoldman
    Far from being an expert like Johnny but this is what works for me. With either 230 fatory FMJ's or my 200 LSWC handloads. Stock mainspring which I believe is 23#, small radius firuing pin stop, 14# Wolff vairable rate recoil spring and a Wilson Combat shok buff in an SA PX9109L 5 inch barrel loaded pistol.
    Like Hunter (Fred Dryer) alwasys said "it works for me"
    why do you use a variable spring. I thought that conventional springs keep the breech locked longer and that the longer it stays locked, the more consistent the pistol will be. Just curious.

Posts liked by others

recoil spring choice

Quote Originally Posted by AJV45
    why do you use a variable spring. I thought that conventional springs keep the breech locked longer and that the longer it stays locked, the more consistent the pistol will be. Just curious.
    If I remember correctly I originaly tried a spring and shok buff that Whichaka sent me, a slightly shortened stock spring and on his reccomendation, ordered a 14# spring from Midway USA and as that is the only 14# Wolff spring they stocked,so bought it. I doubt serioustly if I would ever notice the difference in accuracy. I am an old man as my screen name states, do not shoot bullseye and just shoot for my own enjoyment, IDPA stuff and other action pistol, mostly point and shoot stuff and am happy to keep all shots in a 6 inch circle at 25 feet. Usually can do better than that as the gun as set up is sweet shooter.
    Mostly shoot sporting clays with and O/U shotgun of one gage or another and will never learn aim over point and shoot, too many K's of shells have fallen behind me. Shoot shotgun and pistol the same way as this dog is too old to learn new tricks and he may have even forgotten some of the old ones
    Bear's Story .

If you have no money and few possesions, if you have a dog you are still rich.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345