Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Colt's Stainless Mark IV/Series 70

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Nice write up!
    NRA Life Member

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Thank you for the kind comments.

This example was my first attempt at reviewing a pistol, and it lacks a lot of the things we use for our reviews in the M1911 Pistols Organization E-zine. It is gratifying to see that this article still generates some interest.

Posts liked by others
    Great article Steve, bravo. My series 80 mark IV looks exactly like that. But with the firing pin block in it. I have the madalions on my grips, in gold and the wood is a lighter brown. I to prefer the madalions on the grips. Again great bit of jounalism, Take care, Johnny

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JM likes loud mouth
    Great article Steve, bravo. My series 80 mark IV looks exactly like that. But with the firing pin block in it. I have the madalions on my grips, in gold and the wood is a lighter brown. I to prefer the madalions on the grips. Again great bit of jounalism, Take care, Johnny
    Thank you for the kind words, sir.

As a testament to just how good these pistols are, I did a little shooting today with my Colt's MkIV/Series 70 stainless current issue pistol.

50 rounds of WWB 230 gr. FMJ. Fired at a distance of 30 feet, from a standing two-handed hold.......basically a modified Weaver stance.

Posts liked by others
    Very nice, Steve...and this is about the best weather we've had in a few months! The stainless version is on my list to go with my blued one.
    Creighton

Posts liked by others
    Nice shooting Rio and nice review too.

Rio Vista Slim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clughog
    Very nice, Steve...and this is about the best weather we've had in a few months! The stainless version is on my list to go with my blued one.
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Nice shooting Rio and nice review too.
    My most sincere thanks to both of you gentlemen. I find myself shooting a little better lately. Concentration on sights and trigger, as suggested by all the really good "shootists" here in the forum.

Creighton is SO right! It was a beautiful day, and well worth the ammo expenditure. I love it when a plan comes together!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234