Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Col. Jeff Cooper pistols

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

Everything has been said, I can only say thanks...

Posts liked by others
    Thanks to John and Hawk for preserving the pictorial history of these 1911s.

As noted more information regarding choice, use and percieved attributes would be more fulfilling.

It is interesting that most if not all the guns show use. These tools were made for use and for me that is greatly inspiring as it suggests the eclectic group were designed and found to be improvements or otherwise in the age old attempt to perfect the pistol.

dmuff

Posts liked by others
    WOW!!! This is good stuff.Good job John and Thanks to all, God bless Mr Cooper and we all wish him well.

Posts liked by others
    Fantastic! But, the 'New Service' was new to me. Can anyone fill in the blanks on this model?

Posts liked by others
    I wondered about that too, the Colt 'New Service' is a revolver.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    WOW!
    Ivan

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OD*
    I wondered about that too, the Colt 'New Service' is a revolver.
    I think I'd better email Jane Ann Hulen and bring this to her attention.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    It would be interesting to know John, it may just be a name given to that particular 1911, by the builder-presenter.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Posts liked by others
    Not to surprising they are all Colts as for most of the Col's life there wasn't that much to choose from in 1911's. In his book on handguns there are two pictures of Colt's he did up by King's. One had S&W rear sights on it. King of shows you how lucky we are to enjoy the choices we have today.

Thanks John for the pictures.

Take Care
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others
    Oh, that's neat!
    Thank you. Very interesting.
    I think that Super 9 is the cover story gun from an old Guns & Ammo I have. Col Cooper and some others made a hot-rodded .355 round based on a rifle case. I'll have to look it up.
    I can see him wearing one of those 38 Supers in some of his stories from "Fireworks" and "Another Country".
    That Star is a surprise.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast