Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Col. Jeff Cooper pistols

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Good looking pistols

Posts liked by others
    John & Hawk,

Thanks for your efforts! Nice pics.

Hersh

Posts liked by others
    Very nice ! Thanks to you and Col. Cooper !

Posts liked by others
    Kudos to everyone who were involved in obtaining these photos.

Posts liked by others

Wink Great Job

Obviously you and the staff have gone to great lengths to help the membership. I (and I am sure everyone on this forum) appreciates your efforts in our behalf. Good job!

Posts liked by others
    Many many thanks to all involved. I notice that no one has commented on the fact that they all had arched mainspring housings, and only one had standard sights. The reason they're all Colts is probably that he bought them or got them new the year they were made. I would love a chance to speak with the Col. and see all his guns. I just wish that he still worte real columns in the mags rather than just the Thoughts from the Gunners Guru which is always the last thing I read before retiring the mag.
    "NGFL"

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Just one thing to keep in mind folks. These pistols are a very small part of the Colonel's collection, so others may be more representing of his preferences. When I asked for these, I also asked for a small comment from Col. Cooper. Unfortunatelly, it seems that he is more busy than his age allows him to be, so we are lucky to have just the pictures.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Not really Garrett, if you remember the good Col's axiom,
    "... We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes."
    Then again, maybe you're right Garrett, we did learn something, he means what he says.
    That's sort of what I was getting at. The Colonel has proved that you don't need surfboard safeties, and magwells the size of the grand canyon to run a 1911.
    "The 1911 was the design, given by God to us through John M. Browning, that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and it's true now." - Col. Robert Coates commanding, U.S. Marine Corp Special Operations Command Detachment 1 (DET 1)

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    That was the exact reason I wanted Col. Cooper to comment on them, to explain to us the rational behind each pistol and why he had it build the way it is. Too bad the good man couldn't give us some details.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    I'd just about bet the top Commander was built for the good Colonel by Robbie Barrkman.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper
    Last edited by OD*; 23rd August 2007 at 08:00.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast