Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Amazing reduction in perceived recoil with a simple part change - EGW firing pin stop

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    +1 on this. Like buying a Porsche and feeding it with the worst gas you can find in your area.
    Ok... I'm sold... I'll be looking into reloading for the Match pistol. It is a pretty good gun and I used to enjoy reloading. Gammon suggested the "tarp solution" which sounds doable at the outdoor range. That would overcome my main objection

The wife will see a lot less of me though when I am "down there" reloading all the time.
    You do not examine legislation in light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered. —LYNDON B. JOHNSON e pluibus unum

Posts liked by others
    I resent being accused of "hijacking" this thread. In the 50 pages we have covered on the installation a modified FP stop a lot of ground has been covered, much of it having NOTHING to do with the FP stop. Your own posts are just as far off topic as mine. Are you also subject to forum rules, or do they apply only to the "little people"? My only crime is trying to answer a question posed by another member.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    First of all, if you want to make this matter public, it's fine by me. Let's do it public.

You answered a post about ammo. The member who asked that question is a new member, you are not. So yes, you hijacked the thread and you posted in the wrong thread in the wrong forum.

I asked you politely to stop the ammo discussion. And instead of complying with my request, you answered me to move the posts elsewhere?

Who on earth do you think you are? You are asking me to spend my time to correct your mistake (split your posts and move them elsewhere), while it is just as easy for you to start a new thread and post that important information that you have to contribute (as you say) there? Do you think that either me or anyone else in the mods team is your servant?

That was your crime Gammon, not the ammo recipes. As you noticed I didn't issue you a warning for hijacking the thread, when you posted your message with your load recipe. I issued it to you when you asked me to spend my time to correct your mistake. Your behaviour has already been brought to the team for a decision.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    You also answered a post about ammo, are you above the rules?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    You do not get it, do you?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammon
    At the end of each session, he just gathers up the tarp and collects one big pile of brass. Someone is now marketing a special tarp for this purpose.
    You could avoid bending over at all if, you look in the back of any guns and ammo issue there are ads selling brass catchers for you pistol or rifle. A mesh one seems like a good idea, i have one for an AR-15, but havent tried it for a 1911. The mesh one may get in the way but the plastic ones advertised may also be a good idea if you can get past the extra few ounces attached to the gun.
    Cant wait til i ge tmy RIA though. Waiting to turn 21 I got the cash. I plan on adding the FP stop pretty soon after i buy it. Is this Fp stop looked at as an unfair advantage in competition also?

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    This thread has gone long enough, it is now closed. If someone wants to ask questions regarding this small part and how it affects the pistol, which are not covered in the previous 50 pages, start a new thread.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    Likes (1) :
    OD* (2nd October 2015)

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950