Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing reduction in perceived recoil with a simple part change - EGW firing pin stop

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    johnny, you could sell me prime farmland in the everglades!!! after reading all this fine info i went to the safe to look at the stops in my guns. would the semi-custom builders, nighthawk in this case, be installing the beveled stops? from what i can tell looking at them on the slide they look like the picture john posted. the bottom edge looks like it has a radius to it. this of course is the edge towards the back of the slide. am i all set and leave it alone or should i mess it up and tinker with it (i don't mean changing it will mess it up, i mean ME messing it up)?
    "a tired dawg is a happy dawg"

Posts liked by others

Stops

Quote Originally Posted by dr2e
    johnny, you could sell me prime farmland in the everglades!!! after reading all this fine info i went to the safe to look at the stops in my guns. would the semi-custom builders, nighthawk in this case, be installing the beveled stops? from what i can tell looking at them on the slide they look like the picture john posted. the bottom edge looks like it has a radius to it. this of course is the edge towards the back of the slide. am i all set and leave it alone or should i mess it up and tinker with it (i don't mean changing it will mess it up, i mean ME messing it up)?
    They very well could be installing beveled stops or stops with the small radius.
    Probably beveled, since it's more cost-effective and less time consuming that way. Seems that after a few of the custom smiths jumped on it with their Delta Elites, the others did a little research...or actually saw an old pistol with the original stop...and THEN did some research and/or testing...and decided that it was a worthwhile modification, which is actually a return to original design specs. That small, seemingly insignifigant change makes for a lot of difference in the function of the gun.

And...maybe they're starting to realize that ol' John Moses really DID know a lotta stuff about his pistol.

Posts liked by others
    Another fantastic mod from tuner!!! With the light target loads I normally run chould this cause a FTF or failure to hold open on an empty mag? Following the instructions I chould slowly increase the radius if the above did appear. Just answerd my own question..... Way to go Tuner! Mike.

Posts liked by others

re:

Quote Originally Posted by mike h. buness
    Another fantastic mod from tuner!!! With the light target loads I normally run chould this cause a FTF or failure to hold open on an empty mag? Following the instructions I chould slowly increase the radius if the above did appear. Just answerd my own question..... Way to go Tuner! Mike.
    If your light loads are run in a gun with standard spring rates...recoil and mainspring...Very possible, depending on how light the ammo is. I haven't had any trouble with 200-grain/800fps in 5-inch guns, but the brass
    kinda dribbles out of the port and piles up beside my right foot.

Posts liked by others
    here is fp stop out of nhc talon II. i guess you can call this "radiused" no?
    sorry for bad quality. need to invest in photography lessons, read manual or tripod.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    Dr2E, what happened to that picture?
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    john, other than i stink with this camera i couldn't tell ya. like in my apology i either need to read the manual or take some lessons from my brother. he's the one who can take photos. for some reason the few that i took just wouldn't focus clearly. i posted the "best" of the lot.

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    OK, I can see it now. No this is the standard way of beveling the firing pin stop. This is not the one Johnny recommends and the one I showed in this thread.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 22nd March 2006 at 16:23.

Posts liked by others
    oh, now i see looking back at your picture. you show a standard like i am showing. an improved fp stop has less taken off. is that correct? oboy, i get to patronize another one of our vendors! mo' money, mo' money.........

Posts liked by others

Picture

dr2e Quote:

>I guess you can call this "radiused" no?<

Yes. That's the now-standard 7/32nds radius.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast