Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Norinco!!!?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank
    To bad you folks south of the 49th can't get the new Norincos. Aside from poor sights and triggers the guns we get now function flawlessly, or at least the ones I have, are and do.

If you get a used Nork in the States do as Tuner suggested and have the barrel linkage checked along with the slide barrel lock-up. If you go for a custom job then you have a great platform to start with. New Sights, trigger group, tighter bushing and beavertail would be on my first list then go to dehorning, re-bluing and a little checkering here and there and you will have a gun that shoots with the best of them. I had my ful custom Nork out today and shot a 4" group two handed at 25 yards with a body and a set of eyes that have seen better days. In the hands of a couple of the ERT members of the RCMP the gun shoots 1 1/2" groups off hand with ease.

OR you can leave as is and have a great shooter in a mil-spec iteration that likely will function reliably with any kind of ammo you throw into her.

If I were you and was going to spend the money to customize a basic gun I would look at a Para SSP or a Springfield loaded. I suspect by the time you are done playing with a basic gun you will be over the price of one of the Production guns that may be more valuable to you but, like a hot rod, not near as much to anyone else. Today some of the production guns come well equiped and for less money than what it takes to customize a basic 1911.

Take Care Eh

Bob
    sup Bob its me again lol

I understand what u mean about the new sight but can u explain to me the new trigger group, tighter bushings and the beavertail????? Do the last three add to the accuracy of the gun or just for looks?????

Posts liked by others
    Well a decent trigger job will add to accuracy as it will aid in your shooting. The Beavertail will spread the recoil over the hand more than the issue arrangement and depending on the Beavertail you buy will raise the grip bringing the bore axis lower which aids in follow up shots as the gun has less tendancy to rise as the recoil is directed straight back along your arm. As to the hammer and sear, looks and may provide a better trigger pull. Just observations I have made when I had mine done.

The gun really only needs better sights and a trigger job. I have long fingers so I went with a long trigger made by Dlask for my A1. It really comes down to how much you want to spend and your own likes and dislikes.

Take Care

Bob
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others
    Hmm, does anyone know if these newer 1911 norincos (like the ones coming into Canada) have fixed the issues mentioned earlier in the thread? As soon as Marstar gets that very, very very delayed shipment of 1911's and other goodies I will order one.
    Long days, pleasant nights
    Last edited by Roland; 1st July 2007 at 18:18.

Posts liked by others
    It has been over 10 years since 1911 Norks were imported into the US. I have purchased four Norinco 1911's and all have been well made Combat 1911's. Yes they bave less than steller sights and ther triggers can always use some touoching up but they are shooters.

I would buy a new Nork A1 over any basic retro gun being made by Colt in the US or Springfield in Brazil paricularily when they can be had for $325Cdn.

We get a pretty nice 9MM 1911 but the .45acp models we get are your basic mil-spec gun both in A1 and Commander size.

Take Care

Bob
    " Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair."
    - LtCol. Jeff Cooper as quoted in Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002

Posts liked by others

Icon16 love my norc

I've owned two norc's,the lastest bought for $400 nib at a gunshow.I had some les baer part left over from another project.I put LB.sear,spur hammer and a easyfit Kart barrel.The trigger pull was awesome and very accurate,all said and done it's one my favorite 1911s ever.I am not a pistolsmith in anyway,shape or form,the parts just fell together right.The norcs are a very solid platform to build from.

Regards,Don

Posts liked by others

NIB Norinco

I had her for sale at one point. I'm glad the would be buyer backed off and changed his mind. Now she's a keeper, still unfired. I have 2 more Norinco 1911s that are my range guns once in a while.

Last edited by Ric4509; 7th August 2007 at 05:41.

Posts liked by others
    Since I now have a norinco. Could someone tell me how to diagnose this problem to see if mine have it, what tools will I need?
    Long days, pleasant nights

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234