Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt .22 Conversion Unit

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt .22 Conversion Unit

Hello, I haven't been on here in a long while but am hoping I can find some help as to what I'm doing wrong. I recently acquired a mint Colt .22 caliber conversion unit. Have been trying to install it on a bone stock Series '70 Government model. The problem I'm having is this, while can get the slide assembly to come back all the way to line up the frame and the slide to install the slide stop, I'm having trouble getting the barrel to come back far enough to the spot to install the slide stop. I've taken this thing back apart several times inspecting all the parts and making sure everything is as it should be, but having no luck. I still cannot get everything to line up correctly to get the slide stop in. Let me add that I'm no stranger to 1911 type pistols, I've been shooting them since the mid 1970's. But this is my first experience with one of these conversion units. Thanks, my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum section.
    Last edited by sammyg; 29th January 2022 at 09:57.

Posts liked by others
    sammyg welcome to the forum.

Please post picture(s) so I can look and see what the issue is. I too have a Colt .22LR conversion unit. I have not encountered any issues installing on a Colt 70S frame. Did it come with its own slide stop?

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, I got it figured out. The only thing I found where I was messing up had to do with the extractor, apparently I wasn't getting it in correctly. But I got it together and everything is functioning as it should. Yes, it came with it's own slide stop. This whole kit is pretty mint, it looks to be in like new condition.
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (2nd February 2022)

Posts liked by others
    sammyg

Yep that'll mess it up if you don't install the extractor correctly. Did it come with one or two mags?"

Posts liked by others
    Just the one magazine, want to try to find another, but I'll bet they're pretty pricey.

Posts liked by others
    GSG 1911 .22 cal magazines work great, as an acceptable substitute for Ace Conversions. They are made in Germany and can be obtained from Gunmagwarehouse.com. Good luck!