Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: EMW barrel on Colt 1911

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

EMW barrel on Colt 1911

I am looking at a Colt manufactured in 1914. Has an Enhanced Medium Weight barrel. Would this be original part or replacement by the owner?????? I have looked in Clawson and Meadows. They make no mention anywhere of EMW that I can find. I am going to collect a few 1911's. Not all Colts. I am selling off my Luger and P38 collection to finance. Thanks for any help. Sambo

Posts liked by others
    Is this a military M1911, or a commercial Government Model?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Never heard of it.
    Pictures? Beside a regular barrel if you have one.

Posts liked by others
    Never heard of an “enhanced medium weight barrel” not even sure what that means. But certainly anything other than the properly proofed and inspected and so marked barrel on a 1911 is a replacement end of story