Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Just another new member

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Just another new member

Hi, new member here! My first 1911a1 was from the first CMP lottery round. I picked their higher grade version and CMP shipped a 1943 Ithaca to me. I was actually pretty disappointed with the one CMP shipped to me, because I was hoping for one that showed honest wear and its past history. Instead, I received an arsenal refinished pistol, with mostly new USGI replacement parts and a fresh parkerization finish. It was certainly a great looking pistol that worked as it should, but it just didn't speak to me. This year I met someone that wanted it real bad, so I traded it away without regret. My next post will detail my second 1911a1 that I brought home last week. Stay tuned, M89

IMG_7371.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    Ric4509 (24th May 2022)

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum. Nice looking 1911A1.

Posts liked by others
    Boy I would be really happy to get one like that. Wanting a more used look you probably should have got the lesser grade than the best grade. I didn't even try for one from the CMP.
    Ron