Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: What Length for Leather Leg Tie for USGI M1916 Holster

Posts liked by others

What Length for Leather Leg Tie for USGI M1916 Holster

As title states, what length of leather leg tie was used for the USGI M1916 Holster? I have 2 original WW2 USGI holsters I want to add the ties to.

Local Hobby Lobby has some 1/8" Latigo lace (Made in USA) that should work.

Thanks in advance.

Posts liked by others
    This says fifty inches. I would think 1/8" a little narrow.

https://www.atthefront.com/product-p/usgholstie.htm

Posts liked by others
    OP here - I have a couple of NOS Cold-War era holsters, black leather made by Bolen Leather, and their ties are like nylon shoe laces, about 40" long. I have taken one out of the bag and started to form it around a 1911, while the other is still in its bag.

Posts liked by others
    All of the leather cord at Hobby Lobby was too flat. However, I found a spool of leather cord at Michael's, another local craft / hobby store, that was thicker and almost square in cross-section. I cut 2 pieces at 48" long and after coating them with Ballistol to darken them, I installed them. Shout out to Ballistol, it seems to be a wonderful leather treatment. I have treated several pairs of boots and the holsters as well. Anyway, here is the finished product. Left to right, 1983 Bolen Leather Products, 1942 Sears Saddlery, 1942 Boyt Harness.

Posts liked by others
    Another holster tie example.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes (1) :
    Glynn863 (2nd May 2022)