Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Does anyone know the diameter of the fiber rod in the RIA 1911 Match front sight?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Does anyone know the diameter of the fiber rod in the RIA 1911 Match front sight?

I purchased a new RIA 1911 match today. When I handled it I was impressed with the fit of the slide/barrel/receiver. Considering the price here in California was $719 plus tax and DROS I consider it a very good value.

One of the things I do plan to change is the fiber optic rod. It is currently orange and I prefer green. Does anyone know what the diameter is? I did not think to measure it while at the dealer and it is jailed there for 10 days until I pick it up.

Here is the photographic proof

Posts liked by others
    It's more than likely a 0.040" but could be a 0.060" rod.

You could call the shop and they could measure for you or they know.
    MFWIC
    DILLIGAF
    Stercus Accidit
    WTFDTSG
    Likes (1) :
    midvalley1911 (28th April 2022)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks BHP9, It is .060.

Posts liked by others
    Don't pay dollars per inch for insert material from a sight company, get a lifetime supply for a few dollars a meter. And they don't eat you up on shipping, either.
    http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Archery.htm

Posts liked by others
    If you can wait until you have the pistol in hand, it will probably come with spare rods, anyway.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Jim, That web site does look like it has what I want.

Scattershot, I will be patient and wait until I have the 1911 in hand