Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New BATFE Rule

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    You had me at "die-hard" . Do you fellas see any other necessary components disappearing after the frames? I'm expecting decking and rail cutting jigs to be fast followers. My take on this is it's important to learn hands-on how these components work before the means to learn dries up, and I don't see it in my budget to buy even the cheap milling machines. The frame is here at a surprisingly affordable price, the decking jig is in the mail, and I'm going old school with a set of hand files because I may as well pick up some metalworking skills while I'm exploring the deep end of the pool on a budget.

Posts liked by others
    Update from the NSSF: The new rules were published in the Federal Register on April 26. They will become effective 120 days from that date.

Quote Originally Posted by NSSF
    Final Rule Published on Federal Register

The Final Rule to redefine frames and receivers was published in the Federal Register on April 26, starting the 120-day countdown for new requirements for manufacturers, retailers and gunsmiths to serialize personally-made firearms (PMFs). Many comments submitted by NSSF to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) were incorporated, resulting in changes from the proposed rule. “We look forward to engaging with ATF to obtain more concrete guidance and elaboration on issues that remain,” NSSF’s Mark Oliva told Guns.com “For example, there are unanswered questions of when something constitutes a ‘new design’ or ‘new configuration’ and when is an object ‘clearly identifiable’ as an unfinished frame or receiver such that the requirements of the Final Rule apply.” NSSF remains concerned of the obligations of retailers and gunsmiths to serialize firearms and the requirement for retailers to permanently maintain firearm transfer records.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12