Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Colt .22 Conversion Unit Magazine

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Colt .22 Conversion Unit Magazine

Hello,
    I recently bought a .22 Colt conversion unit from a friend. The thing looks like it was never used. I installed it on a Series 70 pistol I had and when I took it to the range I had feed issues with it. Especially if the magazine was loaded to capacity. I could load 4 or 5 rounds in it and it worked fine, but like I said at full capacity it would not feed. Hoping someone here can tell me if there is a source for one of these magazines or if some other brand .22 caliber magazine will function with this conversion kit.

Posts liked by others
    Even my best New (1970s) SM ACE magazines, the factory magazines with horsies, are only reliable with 9 or less.
    Replacement magazines, probably Metalforms even though marked Colt (without horse) are fair with 9 or fewer.
    I thoroughly cleaned and heavily lubed the barrel and floating chamber and got through 63 rounds without failure the other day.

The GSG magazine, of cast mung metal construction instead of stamped steel, is said to work in a Colt.
    I have one which does fairly well after filing a bit off the right rear corner of the lip.

Posts liked by others
    I second the GSG 1911 magazine. It works great in both of my Colt Ace conversion kits, and in a Ciener conversion kit I also have. Yes, I'm 1911 .22 cal conversion kit poor, ha ha.