Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: King’s recoil reducer

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

King’s recoil reducer

A4078697-72A7-4D13-B8CB-B20621C7C2C8.jpeg

This is a King’s #307 recoil buffer, near as I can determine. I have heard it described as the greatest thing since mothers milk, and as the answer to a question nobody asked. It came in a pistol that I bought, and I don’t much care for it. Any thoughts, one way or the other?

Posts liked by others
    New to me, but I'm a newbie and trying to learn. I'm guessing from the looks of it , chamber to absorb recoil gasses similar to the
    Garand Gear ported plug for the Garand ?
    With all the recoil spring weights available for the 1911, it does look like a solution to a non problem.
    Is this correct and why you don't use it?

Posts liked by others
    It’s a spring loaded plunger that absorbs recoil, like a shock buffer. It just doesn’t feel right, although it didn’t cause any problems shooting.

Posts liked by others
    I had one a long time back. Could not see or feel any advantage to using it. I was shooting matches almost every weekend so it was in my pistol for a few months. When I went back to a standard recoil spring guide, there was no difference. I think it was a solution in search of a problem.
    Cocked & Locked since 1911

Posts liked by others
    Thanks, that’s the impression I got, too.