Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Two of Each

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Two of Each

I just finished up treating/conditioning the NOS '42 Boyt holster I got that was found in a box of WWI/II 1911 holsters in a Canadian warehouse - it is amazing what condition the holsters are in given their age and no care over the years. Here it is with my DCM Remington Rand.

Holster CMP RR1.jpg

And, my CMP round 2 Field Grade Remington Rand lower/Colt contract upper with a newer era Cathey Enterprises holster like I carried in the late '70s and early '80s.

Holster CMP RC.jpg

and, finally, the young 2LT Volk somewhere in the German countryside on REFORGER 78 a few weeks after reporting to his 1st unit - 2/75th FA in Hanau, FRG carrying his M1911A1.

2LT Mark Volk Sep 1978 002.jpg
    Likes (1) :
    M60teamleader (22nd December 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Good looking holsters. What did you use for treatment?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Good looking holsters. What did you use for treatment?
    I looked at various types..you can certainly spend some bucks on high priced treatments. I ended up just going with a Lexol two-step cleaner and conditioner. Seems to work well - perhaps not what you'd want for exotic leathers but fine for government contract holsters.