Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Tisas 1911 Service ?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Tisas 1911 Service ?

The thought of an all forged Tisas 1911 intrigues me more than most any cast made 1911 (i.e. Rock Island Armory 1911 for the same price) - however RIA has excellent service out of Nevada ... What about Tisas service ? If Tisas is made in Turkey , then am I to assume no USA service is available for a new 1911 with issues out of the box ?

Posts liked by others
    I've never heard of any Tisas, so far, having to go back for warranty service. I expect that SDS Imports, the Tisas importer, has some arrangement, though, that does NOT entail shipping your pistol back to Turkey. One guy on another forum was unhappy with what appeared to be chatter marks in the rifling of his barrel, but I think that the guy, without even involving SDS, bought a drop-in barrel as an experiment (And I kind of think he wishes he hadn't.).

I purchased one replacement part for my Tisas Duty, and that was a short trigger as they put in their G.I. model. There was nothing wrong with the original long trigger that came on the pistol, it is just that I prefer short triggers on my 1911s. The price for the replacement trigger was very reasonable (in the $20.00 range IIRC) and the quality was fine. However they chose to ship it in a USPS a padded envelope - bad choice! When it arrived in the mail a couple of days later, I found that the trigger stirrup had been crushed. Immediately on unpacking it I snapped a camera phone picture of it and sent it off to SDS via e-mail, with a note suggesting that they up their game in the shipping department (I didn't ask for a replacement, as I thought that I could straighten the bent part out.), and a short time later the customer service guy e-mailed back and told me not to use it as he was going to advise the shipping department and ship a new one. A couple of days later the new trigger arrived - in a box and undamaged - and It dropped right and fit perfectly.

So my experience with customer service was positive and perfectly satisfactory.

I did have an issue with my Tisas where I thought the detent on the safety was insufficiently positive. I use my pistol as an EDC, and early on I had two occasions where I found that the safety had switched from "safe" to "fire" while in my holster. I did not advise Tisas about this, as I am perfectly capable of replacing the plunger tube spring. So I simply ordered a new spring from Wolff Gunsprings for something like $8.00, and when it came I put it in myself, which solved the problem. By comparison the Tisas spring seemed a tiny bit shorter and felt weaker when compared to the Wolff.

I don't know what your prior experience is regarding 1911s, but remember that these are are 110 year old designs, and, compared to, say, a Glock or a S&W M&P or something, may demand a little bit more "engagement" on the part of the user.

I'm very happy with my Tisas Duty and would advise you to go ahead.
    Likes (1) :
    2aCrisis (6th August 2023)

Last edited by tpelle; 15th December 2021 at 07:46.