Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Convert an LDA trigger to a regular 1911 trigger

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Convert an LDA trigger to a regular 1911 trigger

I have a Para LDA 18.9 - it works fine, and it’s for sale, but if it doesn’t sell, I’ve wondered about the feasibility and level of effort required to convert the LDA trigger to a standard 1911 trigger. Is it possible? How difficult?

Posts liked by others
    It is theoretically possible, but VERY difficult. It would require significant machine work to the frame to accommodate the single action parts, and then you would have to machine the slide for the disconnector notch.

I love to tinker, but this is something I wouldn't even consider.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (10th December 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Thanks very much - guess it'll continue to be an LDA . . .

Posts liked by others
    Para sold a lot of P18.9 pistols. I can't imagine anyone would pay more for an LDA that had been converted from an LDA to a single action than they would pay for an LDA. Personally, without knowing anything about the person who made the conversion, if I were in the market for a P18.9 I would not even consider buying such a mongrel. I think you will be much better off selling it as an 18.9 LDA.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (10th December 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Agreed - I was just curious. I did purchase some extra LDA-specific parts for the gun a while back (from Sarco, I think), knowing that Para was gone and there were no more LDAs being made any longer. They are interesting guns, and while I was in acquisition mode I had a few of the LDAs - now that I'm in "thinning the herd" mode, I'm selling a lot of my guns off to new homes. Thanks for the explanation.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Para sold a lot of P18.9 pistols. I can't imagine anyone would pay more for an LDA that had been converted from an LDA to a single action than they would pay for an LDA. Personally, without knowing anything about the person who made the conversion, if I were in the market for a P18.9 I would not even consider buying such a mongrel. I think you will be much better off selling it as an 18.9 LDA.
    I had an LDA Para several years ago, and I liked the LDA trigger.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (1) :
    Johns961 (12th December 2021)