Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turns out my new Desert Eagle is a factory blem. Never seen this before.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I know from MRI that there were 32 pistols released as blems to Birmingham Pistol. The blemish looks like it's mainly on the bolt face as you can see in the photo. The bolt face has very rough machine marks or issues from the casting and a small crack on the ejection port cut. I did not notice anything wrong on the frame.

Posts liked by others
    ​I totally agree about the 'blem issue ' . It is false advertising to say the least , as it wasn't disclosed as
    it should have been . Also the price should've been adjusted by a lot , if that was the case IMO !
    Expect The Unexpected , You May Live Longer
    Likes (1) :
    captiva (31st December 2021)

Posts liked by others
    To follow up on this: after hearing nothing from Gunprime/Birmingham Pistol, I disputed with my bank and he finally replied. Did finally take the pistol back but HE HAS NOT CHANGED ANY LISTINGS!
    Everything is still listed as "new" with no mention of factory blemish, though I know he has at least 20 of these in stock that are blems (confirmed from MRI).

Also, I purchased a "new" model from a different vendor, same thing. Blem sticker covered up, frame is really messed up though you can only see it in a certain light. The frame is discolored and rough in places. Same thing: stamped as "blem" in the frame, sticker covering the big red BLEM on the factory label/case.
    This vendor was really good about it, he did NOT know they were blems.

So we worked together and found out that the distributor is actually the one doing this, and covering up the BLEM with their own UPC sticker and not disclosing this to individual dealers.

So beware there are MANY of these BLEMS out there right now, at least 90% of the ones on Gunbroker listed as "new".
    Likes (1) :
    M60teamleader (2nd February 2022)

Posts liked by others
    ​Wow what a bummer ! Thanks for the warning about G'Broker as well . The distributor should be sued , taken to court and lose his license . Good thing this didn't happen to me ! So sorry for what this Idiot put you through !

Posts liked by others
    So the distributor started off the shenanigans. Who is the distributor?
    Likes (1) :
    M60teamleader (4th February 2022)

Posts liked by others
    That seems to be the question of the month / year ? I would like to know the answer to that myself

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by captiva View Post
    So the distributor started off the shenanigans. Who is the distributor?
    Wholesaler Bill Hicks and Co out of Minneapolis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12