Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Hello from AZ

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Hello from AZ

New to the Forum and fairly new to 1911's. I carried a 1911 in the Army some 40 plus years ago and just bought a "modern" 1911 chambered in 9mm, a Nighthawk Agent 2. Wow, what an eye opener! I was "gun less" for a very long time living in Illinois. Moved to AZ two years ago and went from gun less to gun crazy! I now possess a Pre-WWII Walther PPK in 32 cal., another West German PPK from 1968 chambered in 380, a Sig P229 Legion, Walther Q4 SF, two WWII P38's made in the Walther factory, a Swiss made SIG P 49 (incredible pistol!), a Radom/VIS35 from WWII with waffenamps stamped on it,, two H&K P7's, one a PSP and the other a M8, a Sig P938 Legion, a Phoenix Redback from Switzerland (another incredible shooter), and my latest, a Nighthawk Agent 2 which made me a true believer in the 1911 platform! I go to the range twice a week trying to improve my groupings. I am now looking at picking up an Ed Brown Evo KC9. Down the line I can see picking up a few more Nighthawks. One thing I did learn is that I prefer all metal guns. I had a Walther PPQ and PDP which I sold. The first pistol I bought when moving to AZ was a Glock 48, which I never fired and sold a month after buying it!
    I look forward to learning from the members here!
    Likes (1) :
    MuyModesto (10th December 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum, sounds like you will fit in well.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum.

Posts liked by others
    Welcome. Phoenix Redback? Do tell...off to google. Hopefully you didn't just cost me some money...

Edit: just returned from search. I'll take a stainless in black with G10 grips please!
    Last edited by BrettID; 1st December 2021 at 06:30. Reason: googled

Posts liked by others
    Welcome to the forum and to the AZ. I'm an escapee from CO myself. Looks like you're making up for lost time! Can't say I blame you.
    Well, enjoy the freedom out here, it's as plentiful as the cacti. :-)
    Gerry in San Tan Valley