Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Three USGI M1911 Holsters or...?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Three USGI M1911 Holsters or...?

Gents, was at my local swap meet today and did pretty well. Acquired a number of items from one vendor in particular. First was the pictured lot of three M1911 holsters. I know something about these, but seems there is always another variant or clever repro popping up. In any event, believe the first (WESTERN) to be AOK. The second (WALSH) is unknown to me. Holster looks pretty good and not the typical junk coming out of India, Pakistan, or China. Same applies to the third (ENGER-KRESS). Seen this on the late shoulder holsters and some '45 dated hip ones, but just not sure about this one. However, price for the three was so reasonable, did not care. Thoughts appreciated & THX! (Last four photos on post#2)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pwcosol; 18th September 2021 at 15:03.

Posts liked by others
    Remaining four photos from post#1:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pwcosol; 18th September 2021 at 15:03.

Posts liked by others
    Holsters look genuine. The green verdigris indicates copper corrosion not usually found on reproductions.

Search online for lists of holster makers. This one the best and latest I know of; many thanks to Charlie Flick for his research:

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17086-a-listing-of-makers-of-usgi-m1916-holsters-updated-2016/page/2/
    Last edited by Doran; 19th September 2021 at 04:41.

Posts liked by others
    I was thinking USGI/USMC 1911 holsters had the web belt metal hooks on them . At least those that I wore did.

Posts liked by others
    WWI issue had brass hangers, WWII had steel. Possibly folded down or missing on these.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks Gents for your input and appreciate the link Doran provided (and kudos to Mr. Flick for his effort!). Ended up getting a M1952A and 1969 contracted USGI armor vests from the vendor as well. Also three very nice scopes...a Tasco 3x9, Weaver K2.5 and Leupold M8, too.