Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Global Gun Registration Treaty

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Global Gun Registration Treaty

I just read that Biden wants to sign on to a UN Global Gun Registration Treaty. About the only thing the article specifically mentioned was that one of the provisions would be if you purchased a firearm that was imported into the US, your name would be on a UN Registry for 10 years (or so they say). Is anybody else aware of this treaty and have further insight into what it entails? Sheesh!!! I thought there was no such thing as a perpetual motion machine...but the Liberals sure are! They hammer away 24-7-365 and never stop chipping away at our freedoms and traditions!

Posts liked by others
    My understanding is that any treaty must be ratified by the Senate, and I don’t think the dummycraps want to alienate voters right now.
    Likes (1) :
    Mark75H (6th September 2021)

Posts liked by others
    I can only hope that you are right. Its a crying shame that we have reached a point where global treaties can threaten Constitutional rights within our own country!

Posts liked by others
    If the Senate ratifies it, can it be taken to the Supreme Court on the grounds that no treaty can override our Constitution?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Interesting point. I don’t know, but I hope it never gets that far.

Posts liked by others
    Good point. Such conflicts are what the courts were made for, but at least currently we seem to be in a good position as far as courts go.

I have serious doubts any UN gun treaty could get thru the senate, the 2A conflict itself would be one of the arguements brought up in their debate

Posts liked by others
    Does it require a 2/3 majority for the Senate to ratify a treaty, or only a simple majority?

Remember, the party currently in power doesn't care about the 2A -- they'll use any means possible to overturn it or do an end run around it.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 6th September 2021 at 20:27.