Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checkmate CM45-7-S-H & CM45-8-S-H Pictures

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I noticed the other day, Wilson Combat has their "Service" mag back in stock. That is also a hybrid lipped CheckMate, and comes with an extra power spring.
    Very interesting. I may have to raid the piggy bank to get one of these for testing.

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new but for those who don't know, Colt came up with the hybrid feed lip design. I'm not a fan of the Check-Mate GI magazine utilizing tapered feed lips but they have a welded base 7 round mag with hybrid lips and their bullnose follower that works very well.

Posts liked by others
    Here is the CM45-7-S-H mag https://www.topgunsupply.com/check-m...-magazine.html

Here is the CM45-8-S-H mag https://www.topgunsupply.com/check-m...-magazine.html

Per the pictures at Top Gun Supply, the 7 rounder uses a GI follower and the 8 rounder uses the CheckMate Patented Follower (CMF).

I'm sure Steve can comment, but the 8 rounder is a flush mag, and may be difficult to seat with the slide forward.

CheckMate also offers 8 rounders with a longer tube that may be easier to seat. Those models with extended tubes have "EXT" in their product code.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/check-m...-s-rb-ext.html
    RIGHT-O
    I made the mistake of buying those magazines. They will HOLD 8 if you jump up and down on the UpLula but they will not seat under a closed slide. Should have gotten the -EXT type.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Allentown View Post
    I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new but for those who don't know, Colt came up with the hybrid feed lip design.
    True. I eagerly jumped on the bandwagon when the forum had their group buy years ago, only to realize the feed lips were the same (design at least, function was another story) as the Metalforms that came with my 1980's era Colt.

Posts liked by others
    I noticed the other day, Wilson Combat has their "Service" mag back in stock. That is also a hybrid lipped CheckMate, and comes with an extra power spring.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Magazin...oductinfo/608/

Wilson is also another quick shipper.
    The Wilson Combat "Service" magazines are excellent magazines but, for those who want the patented Check-Mate follower ... the Wilson mags don't have it. The "Service" mags are made to replace USGI magazines, so they have the original, Browning-designed followers.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    The Wilson Combat "Service" magazines are excellent magazines but, for those who want the patented Check-Mate follower ... the Wilson mags don't have it. The "Service" mags are made to replace USGI magazines, so they have the original, Browning-designed followers.
    True, but the OP is looking for ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tedfs View Post
    Does anyone happen to have pictures of the followers for the following mags sold on the forum but no longer available ?

7-rounders (CM45-7-S-H)

CheckMate 7-round magazines in stainless steel, with hybrid lips, welded, drilled and tapped floor plates and flat, dimpled followers.
    which is what the Wilson mags are.

Ooops, the Wilson floor plates are not drilled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12