Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: CMP M1911 Part 2

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

CMP M1911 Part 2

We got our second M1911 from the CMP yesterday, and by "We" I mean my wife. Not quite as nice as the first one we got in 2019 that was service grade, but not bad overall.
    Serial number 1467966
    Field Grade
    Year of Manufacture 1943
    Remington Rand slide, Ithaca frame, and High Standard barrel.

Looking for more info on it.
    Any way to figure out which service branch this was made for? And any other info?

thanks
    Right.jpg
    left.jpg
    “Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters
    Likes (1) :
    MuyModesto (9th June 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Rebuild at Springfield sometime between 1945 and 1967
    No way to know who used it. Apparently there is some people with access to the Ithaca shipping records which may shed light on where the frame( aka original pistol ) went but that is it
    Likes (1) :
    Sergio Natali (10th June 2021)

Posts liked by others
    I think was shipped to the Ordnance Property Officer Army Air Base Topeka Kansas on 18th June 1944
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Natali View Post
    I think was shipped to the Ordnance Property Officer Army Air Base Topeka Kansas on 18th June 1944
    Ya, I found that too just this AM. Would be curious if it made it into battle, my search continues.
    thanks
    “Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
    Rebuild at Springfield sometime between 1945 and 1967
    No way to know who used it. Apparently there is some people with access to the Ithaca shipping records which may shed light on where the frame( aka original pistol ) went but that is it
    So the SA on the frame must be the mark for the rebuild by Springfield I take it.

Posts liked by others
    That's correct.