Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns sales, ammo shortages and recent fuel shortages, what happens in your area???

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Guns sales, ammo shortages and recent fuel shortages, what happens in your area???

Dear members,

Following the past few months, when we noticed record guns sales, people are now complaining about ammo shortages. To add insult to the injury, a recent fuel shortage has struck the East coast. So we started this discussion, in order to collect as much information as possible, about the situation in your area.

Please participate in this discussion and tell us what's happening near you.

Tell us your location, and if you can find ammo or fuel in your area.

Thank you.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org
    Last edited by John; 13th May 2021 at 01:49.

Posts liked by others
    Tuesday, cars were backed up about two deep at the 12 gas pumps at a local gas station here (Virginia).

No real lines though into the gas station itself.

-

Posts liked by others
    Nomgas lines here (Denver area). I was in a gun shop a gew days ago, and they had a pretty good selection of guns, but no ammo.

Posts liked by others
    Gasoline $2.89 yesterday.

5.56/.223 ball about a dollar a round; 9mm/.45ACP about the same. Popular hunting ammunition $2+/round. .38 Special and .357 Magnum unavailable.

Last gunshow the least expensive primers $125/1000 but any popular powder almost nonexistent. What powder there was about $60/pound.

Posts liked by others
    Brother John, Here in Florida, we have had minimal gas shortages. Our fuel comes into Jacksonville and Tampa by tanker ship. Ammo shortages are real though.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Posts liked by others
    Have not seen any gas lines here near Houston, but that is to be expected on account of we are at the head, not the tail, of the shut-down pipeline. And I have only one data point, the station I go to, have not gone looking at other stations.

Can't speak to ammo availability. I do not purchase factory ammo, I load, and having lived through past ammo and component shortages I tend to put any "extra" money into primers, powder, and projectiles instead of in the bank.

Were I sharp I could sell a bunch of components profitably, but am not that sharp. They can not be replaced at this point. If my wife and I and the cats were starving, I'd sell some primers or trade them for food, but not necessary yet.
    http://www.bayourifles.org

"Retractable claws - the *original* concealed carry"

Posts liked by others
    I'm in a rural county near Knoxville TN. Out by us, only one gas station (right off I-75) was reported to be out of gas, but others nearby still had some. In metro Knoxville I heard there were more stations out. Prices have increased by about ten cents a gallon since the pipeline outage was reported.

Regarding ammo, I work at a local gunshop and the situation is still tight, but getting better. We are able to set aside some of the common calibers for students, gun purchases, and range customers. However, prices are about double what they were in the before times.
    NCOWS, NRA, NYSRPA, SAF, SASS

Posts liked by others
    I'm in central PA (right by Penn State University main campus). Gas is ok right now, doesn't seem to be any panic buying. Ammo on the other hand is very short supply but we have been seeing an very slight up tick of it coming in. Seemds to be the same, .223/5.56, 9mm, about a $1 a round (that's just stupid). It's even hard to find .30-30 and I'm where .30-30 has ruled for years for deer hunting and when you do find it the want (at gun shows) $2-$3 per round - FOR .30-30, WHAT IS GOING ON???
    Ron Lutz
    USAF Ret (E-8)
    NRA Endowment Member

Posts liked by others
    I'm in NE Florida and things here are about normal. Gas prices are up about 10 cents a gallon but there seemed to be plenty of it. I haven't seen pumps or stores closed due to lack of gas.

As for ammo I have plenty so I haven't been checking on it!
    Randall A121, Colt Combat Commander, Walther PPQ and PPKS, Bersa Thunder 380, Kel Tec P32 1st gen.
    Last edited by FXdiz; 13th May 2021 at 10:05.

Posts liked by others
    I'm in the NY tri-state area, no problem with gas. However, the ammo shortage is bad across the board and price is ridiculous even all the major online sites are in shortage not that I can order any to NYC! This is the worst I've seen in my life time no thanks to politicians!
    Paul
    Likes (1) :
    John (14th May 2021)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast