Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Guns sales, ammo shortages and recent fuel shortages, what happens in your area???

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Just got back from vacationing in Yellowstone and Grand Teton area. Gas prices were just over $4/gallon, vs about $3.15 here in NE Ohio. Masks mandated indoors in both parks, but outside the park mask use is much <50% indoors, close to 0% outdoors. We masked indoors around others since we were travelling with grandkids under 12 yo. All adults were vaxxed, so when it was just us, no masks.

Posts liked by others
    Shortages that I see in Northern NV: New and used cars (the chip issue), people willing to apply for jobs (let's don't go there...), popular ammo calibers. The last is beginning to loosen up a little; a local big box store got a shipment of Blazer Brass 9MM which a month or two ago would have disappeared in a day lasted at least two. Otherwise, nothing other than the typical shortage of common sense in certain buildings in Carson City...
    I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    The new normal around here (eastern U.S.) is more like double the pre-COVID-19 prices ... if you can find anything to buy.
    The Eastern U.S is a lot of area.

My local range (I am a member) has long term contracts with ammo manufacturers that require them to deliver XX amount of ammo every week. I see them unload pallets off the Fed Ex truck several times a week. It works both ways as if we had an ammo surplus, the owner would still have to buy the amount stipulated in the contract (he owns several ranges).

It was a good business move for each party as it allowed them to plan ahead. It was signed previous to the current shortage, and I still complain about the increased prices. The membership fee has not changed.
    Colt 1911, S&W revolvers, Winchester rifles

Posts liked by others
    Montgomery Texas here. Can't find primers, bullets, or powder. Ammo on shelves are coming back... I already prepared as many of you have, with my own stocks. If everything hits the fan , I have enough, and remember there is no sense in over stocking; you can't carry it all, and you may have to leave your home...
    Now I ask," what part of the Second Amendment is it??" That you don't understand!

Posts liked by others
    We have been discussing this in another gun forum.

Everyone agrees that ammo is available when being a member of a good range. You may pay 20%-25% more, but it is here and available.

The ammo manufacturers did not go out of business. You can see them on Youtube. You need better sources.

Posts liked by others
    In my area, gas has gone from $1.59 to $2.95. Primers and powder do not exist. Never vote democrap and dump all the rinos!

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by slohunter View Post
    In my area, gas has gone from $1.59 to $2.95. Primers and powder do not exist. Never vote democrap and dump all the rinos!
    I'd rather die that vote for a democrat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456