Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current reloading component shortages

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I used to buy my bullets from Berrys. I like the plated ones, since I shoot at an indoor range and the plating reduces the amount of lead in the air. Since the shortage, Berrys hasn't had any bullets on their web site. Always out of stock. People have told me that Midway always seems to have Berrys bullets in stock. That means Berrys is using their entire production capacity to take care of companies like Midway, while ignoring their long-time customer base.

I think that stinks, so I'm looking for a different source for plated bullets.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I'm doing fine, I've been preparing since jimmy carter. (1976)

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon, I recently purchased some plated bullets from Everglades Ammunition. They seem decent to me and I am happy with their service.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by .45s r best View Post
    Hawkmoon, I recently purchased some plated bullets from Everglades Ammunition. They seem decent to me and I am happy with their service.
    I may very well switch to Everglades. They don't appear to have forgotten their customers.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Another small business that I have used is Titan Reloading. They fill their orders promptly and their prices are reasonable.

Posts liked by others
    I see a lot of the NATO type ammo on the shelves now but little else. I guess that is what people were hoarding/demanding.

Posts liked by others
    Hawkmoon, have you tried Acme? Before I started casting/powder coating I used Acme's powder coated and they were great, even through a suppressor.

Posts liked by others
    I have bought from everglades , nice people only down side no plated 45s for last 6 or so months only 9mm and 40

Posts liked by others
    Hello swmft, I have purchased plated 230 grain .45 ACP from Everglades in recent weeks. I was on their website this morning (12/29) and they had plated 230 grain ACP, not sure what weight bullet you use, but they have had 230 grain in stock. And yes, I agree, they are good people to deal with.

Posts liked by others
    I get the 185 either plated or the jacketed competition they are close to my normal carry if they dont have any when i stop by i can do with the 200 but the 230 is way to heavy for my need

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast