Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDS Tisas 1911 Carry model

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Question SDS Tisas 1911 Carry model

Has anyone have a high milage Tisas 1911 45 ACP and how do they hold up to a higher round count??

Posts liked by others
    Thread moved. The Tisas 1911s are not manufactured for a foreign government, they are manufactured in Turkey, by a civilian-owned company, for export to (among other places) the United States.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I have a Tisas, but it's not that model. I like it. It seems like it's well made. I've only shot it 3 times because of a lack of ammo, but it functioned perfectly.

Posts liked by others
    I’m interested in this thread also as I just purchased a Tisas Carry 45 ACP.

Posts liked by others
    A friend of mine has a Tisas in .45 and said it's the biggest piece of junk he has ever had. One weekend of polishing innards, running the sear on an Ed Brown sear gig and a 19 lb hammer spring And this Tisas is like butter. They seem to be made out of good steel.

Posts liked by others

Tisas Carry

I finally got around to taking a photo of my Tisas Carry and Andrews holster. The black plastic grips were changed out to a pair of Pachmyer rosewood that I had taken off my old series Kimber Classic. I’m impressed so far with the Tisas. It appears to be well built but I’ll hold my final opinion until after some range time. I have to say however, the price was right, $480 plus shipping and transfer fee.

Likes (1) :
    Ric4509 (9th September 2021)

Last edited by Uncle Grinch; 5th September 2021 at 07:07. Reason: Add photo

Posts liked by others
    Had a little range time yesterday and I ran close to 100 rounds of 230 grain cast round nose through it. Only issue was several of the magazines were hard to insert at times. I could press the Mag drop button very slightly and they would then go in with no effort. I’ll take it apart and inspect it today when I clean it.

Overal functionality was good. I’m sure I need to run more ammo through it and fix the magazine issue.

Posts liked by others
    I have one also and its a keeper for me

Posts liked by others
    I removed the Mag release button on my Tisas Carry and did some very light stoning of the leading edge that contact the magazine. Being black cerakote it showed some evidence of high edges after a few strokes with my white stone. Went to the range and ran another 50 rounds through it with several mags. No problem this time.

I must say I am very pleased with the quality and fit of this 1911.

Posts liked by others
    I, too, just got their SDS Carry (Commander) in stainless. I've only put 50 rounds through it, but it functioned very well. Sights were accurate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast