Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: NRA

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

NRA

Read this guys ! See where your donations go .

https://thereload.com/nra-board-call...lations-mount/

Posts liked by others
    Thats why you should donate to NRAILA.org instead. It is a different entity.
    Likes (2) :
    Frgood (2nd May 2021), Rick McC. (19th May 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    Thats why you should donate to NRAILA.org instead. It is a different entity.
    Only on paper. Remember, Chris Cox, the former head of the NRA-ILA, was canned because Wayne LaPierre wanted to raid the ILA's piggy bank and Cox objected (and correctly so). So LaPierre got rid of him and installed another toady.

The entire NRA organization is rotten to the core. I'm a life member, but they won't see another penny from me (other than maintaining my instructor credentials) until they dump LaPierre and most of the current board of directors, and restore the by-laws to give the members control of our organization.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (6) :
    forty5er (14th May 2021), John (6th May 2021), Mark75H (2nd May 2021), Mr. Ree (11th December 2021), MuyModesto (3rd May 2021), Rick McC. (19th May 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Update: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nkruptcy-judge

The bankruptcy hearing has apparently been concluded, and now we get to wait for the judge's decision. My private guess is that he'll throw out the bankruptcy filing. First, the NRA claimed immediately after they filed that their finances were in great shape. Second, the filing was made in Texas, and the NRA doesn't have any legitimate ties to Texas. Third -- which I learned only from this article -- LaPierre & Co. didn't even notify the board of directors about the bankruptcy filing until after it had been made.

That last point is significant. The role of a board of directors is to direct -- to set the direction for the organization. The role of the chief executive officer is to execute -- to carry out the plan established by the board of directors. For a CEO to engineer a bankruptcy proceeding without first consulting the board of directors is, IMHO, unprecedented. If I were a judge, I would view that as proof positive that the board does not function as a board, but only as a rubber stamp for LaPierre & Co.
    Hawkmoon
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (19th May 2021)

Posts liked by others
    Update: As some people (including yours truly) expected, the federal judge in Texas has tossed out the NRA's attempt to use bankruptcy as a shield aginst the NY State lawsuit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

An interesting factoid that came out of this case was that LaPierre didn't tell the board of directors or his own chief financial officer about the bankruptcy until after it had been filed. Small wonder the judge said he found that "shocking." Personally, I think "shocking" is too mild a word. I simply can't imagine the executive vice-president of any organization taking a major step like that without having had a lengthy, in-depth discussion with the board of directors. And bankruptcy is a financial proceeding. How can you enter into a bankruptcy proceeding without first consulting the chief financial officer?
    Hawkmoon
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (19th May 2021)