Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

Happy Easter
Happy Passover
to all those who celebrate it this weekend.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt has been purchased by CZ

Posts liked by others
    There hasn't anything been officially announced as to what CZ is going to DO. They may be in the position of the dog chasing the truck. Once he catches it, what is he going to do with it?

We may speculate.
    Maybe they can thin the money grubbers out of management and deflate some golden parachutes.
    Surely they will "improve quality."

Will they be more responsive to fads in gun models?
    Will they relocate Colt production?

How will they rationalize Dan Wesson and Colt lineups?
    Will they put Colt branding on CZ built guns like the late maybe lamented Colt Z Forty? Seems an opportunity to get Colt a good Plastic Pistole.

Posts liked by others
    I have good feelings about it. Like when Ruger bought the Marlin name and is going to make them in the future.
    NRA Life Member

Posts liked by others
    I'm hoping for the best. Last few 1911 Colts I checked out were, meh!
    Likes (1) :
    tnhawk (4th April 2021)

Posts liked by others
    The last Colt I bought is my Wiley Clapp 1911. I am somewhat disappointed in the fit quality. I changed out the loose fitting bushing with one from EGW which added shot placement consistency. The slide to frame fit isn't as tight as I like. Really, if I compare it to two of my lower priced 1911 pistols, the RIA Rock slide fit is tighter than my Colt, I fitted an EGW bushing like the colt and the trigger breaks right a 4lbs.. I have a Desert Eagle 9mm 1911 that seems like it went through a custom shop. The slide to frame fit, bull barrel lockup and fit to slide is really nice and the trigger is amazing at 3.5lb from factory. I do love my Colts, and I think that comes from the fact I learned to shoot on my dad's 1967 National Match, and the first gun I bought was a used 1974 Colt 1911 when I turned 18 in 1981.

I really hope CZ brings the brand back strong. I think DW will remain their higher quality brand, but there is plenty of room for improvement for the Colt brand of 1911 to surpass other brands.
    Colt Series 70 Combat Commander (1972) Dad borrowed and won't give back :-(
    Colt Series 70 Government (1976)
    Colt Series 80 SS Gold Cup National Match (1994)
    Colt Series 80 SS Combat Commander (1993)
    Likes (1) :
    tnhawk (4th April 2021)

Posts liked by others
    The Canadian Govt. has made it clear that Colt Canada will nit move from Kitchener Ontario.
    MFWIC
    DILLIGAF
    Stercus Accidit
    WTFDTSG

Posts liked by others
    Never knew Colt was in Kitchener.
    Used to be a frequent visitor to see cousins.

Posts liked by others
    I hope I am wrong but Colt has been a husk of a company for many years without any real innovation and living off of name recognition and branding. CZ is an excellent company and if they can turn things around, outstanding. But I believe they bought Colt for the branding so not very optimistic about it. I hope to be proved wrong.
    There isn't any problem that can't be handled thru the proper use of high explosives.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    They already did. Didn't you know the man behind the holding company that bankrupted Colt is Greek?

No, not El Comandante -- another Greek. On the other hand, CZ now has more of an operation in the U.S. than they do in the Czech Republic, and they are interested in making and selling guns, not in bleeding the corpse dry. I think it's great news for Colt fans.
    It sure is!

Dan Wesson has been making good quality 1911s for a while now, and they’re owned by CZ.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (1) :
    tnhawk (4th April 2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12