Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Kimber Statement of January 27th, 2021

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries

Kimber Statement of January 27th, 2021

Kimber has issued the following statement:

TROY, AL, January 27, 2021 — Kimber Mfg., Inc. has recently been made aware of opinion articles published respectively in the Sidney Herald (Sidney, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility” and in the Missoulian (Missoula, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility: We must oppose HB102”. The author of this article, Ryan Busse, is no longer an employee of Kimber and has not worked for Kimber since August of 2020. His statements and opinions expressed regarding the opposition of Montana House Bill 102 are not authorized by or attributable to Kimber.

“Kimber is a proud supporter of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms,” said Leslie Edelman, CEO and owner of Kimber. “We support organizations that defend these rights, and we are committed to providing the people of this great nation with the finest premium firearms available.”
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    HB102 provides for concealed carry in Montana without a government issued permit, "constitutional carry."

I wonder what kind of "responsibility" Mr Busse is calling for.
    Ah, here we go:
    https://www.sidneyherald.com/opinion/editorials/being-pro-gun-also-means-being-pro-responsibility/article_a0ed8cf8-5ed2-11eb-9780-b796726663bb.html
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 29th January 2021 at 09:43. Reason: Found referenced article.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    HB102 provides for concealed carry in Montana without a government issued permit, "constitutional carry."

I wonder what kind of "responsibility" Mr Busse is calling for.
    "I support the Second Amendment ... but only if you support it on MY terms, and it only applies to hunting rifles."

I would like to know more about how "young" his young son is, and the exact circumstances of how his "young son" was "attacked" by a crowd of gun waving assailants. I suspect ther's more than a little hyperbole at work here.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside