Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why so old?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911end View Post
    From what I see in other gun forums, there is still and great interest in the 1911 platform. I think the heavy handed moderation along with a general felling of unfriendliness makes most new users find other sites. For example, if a new member post an introduction here it most likely will never get more than one reply, if that. God forbid if someone has an issue with a Colt pistol, they will be the subject of ridicule and insulted like a they have no purpose owning a gun.
    With all of the PC and anti 2nd amendment attitude on the major social media sights this forum should be hitting record attendance.
    Several years ago when I became fascinated with the 1911 and started building my own pistols it was a great advantage to find the wealth of information in the archives here. Unfortunately that is all it is good for now.
    I don't know, my opinion is just the opposite. If I want GOOD information from knowledgeable people I come here plus cruise a couple other big 1911 sites. There's a Kimber owners' section on Facebook and it's a complete joke. It's mostly, but not all, F-bomb dropping individuals suffering from severe testosterone overload. And as far as gunsmithing advice, no matter what the malfunction, grab that dremel and grind away on the feed ramp or hit the slide and frame grooves with a cutting compound. I prefer here, 1911 addicts, and 1911forum.com by far. Good info and intelligent exchange of ideas.
    Last edited by JD11; 6th February 2021 at 12:20.

Posts liked by others
    Since I first became interested in the 1911 platform, this site has been a source of good information on the pistol and vendors. I don't care to discuss firearms on a site like facebook for several reasons. If I have a question/comment of glocks, I'll go to their forum and likely get good information on glocks. However I don't expect to find the best information on a 1911 there. The members on this site, know and care about the 1911 platform. The efforts and expense of keeping a site like this are greatly appreciated.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhawk View Post
    Since I first became interested in the 1911 platform, this site has been a source of good information on the pistol and vendors. I don't care to discuss firearms on a site like facebook for several reasons. If I have a question/comment of glocks, I'll go to their forum and likely get good information on glocks. However I don't expect to find the best information on a 1911 there. The members on this site, know and care about the 1911 platform. The efforts and expense of keeping a site like this are greatly appreciated.
    +1. I find this site to be excellent.

Wade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12