Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Has anybody been on the 1911 Forum lately?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Has anybody been on the 1911 Forum lately?

Rough crowd over there. Pro 2A people attacking other members and threads getting off topic.
    Makes the AR 15 forum look tame and anything goes over there.
    This forum has a better class of members.

Posts liked by others
    Kind of like a TV.
    I don't have to turn on channels I don't like. There remains some good information.

Posts liked by others
    Sort of like the firearms version of "Pirates of the Rubicon" (a 4-wgeel and off-road site I avoid).
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    I'm planning on sticking to the Gunsmith and Colt pages.
    I don't understand it. They treat Trump like a God.
    One Moderator even posted that if anybody posted anything anti Trump they would be banned.
    They don't want any gun control at all. Just hand a potential dangerous product out like candy.
    Hey I'm all for pro 2A. But I also don't want to see a Gun in the hands of someone potentially dangerous.
    I'm not a Big fan of Biden or Trump, but can somebody tell me one thing pro gun anything related that Trump did in 4 years?

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by T-TAC View Post
    I'm not a Big fan of Biden or Trump, but can somebody tell me one thing pro gun anything related that Trump did in 4 years?
    Not on this site. On this site we don't discuss politics -- PERIOD!

It has nothing to do with what John (the owner) believes regarding politics, the 2A, or the price of bananas in Guatemala. It's all about the fact that this site is a place to discuss 1911s in a civilized manner and, as you have seen on other sites, for some people it's impossible to discuss politics and remain civil.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (27th December 2020)

Last edited by Hawkmoon; 24th December 2020 at 23:37. Reason: typos

Posts liked by others

Thumbs up

I fully agree with that sir!

Posts liked by others
    I am on there a lot, but even though I am very pro 2A, I stay away from that and the Covid thread. Everything else is peaceful and gentlemanly.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member