Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OWB 'SERPA CQC'-style carry holster for RIA TAC Ultra FS HC?

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    We aren't arguing either, we're gathering information and trying to help find the holster you want.

Do both of your RIA's have the full length rail?

Many companies will not list RIA's specifically, just as they won't list S&W 1911's specifically, or Ed Brown's, etc. They're all 1911's. It is the features that make the difference. SIG's are possibly the only 1911's where brand makes a difference due to the unique slide on some of their models.

A holster for a 5" 1911 with a full rail (not all 1911 rails are full length), or for a Les Baer Monolith ( https://www.lesbaer.com/Monohvy.html ), should probably work for your gun. However, if you find a holster listed for those, it's still probably worth a call to the maker and asking about your gun specifically.
    Last edited by JTQ; 8th December 2020 at 09:32.

Posts liked by others
    You may want to look through our holster picture thread to see if there is a style or type of holster you prefer to help us focus our search for you.

https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...icture-Thread-!

Posts liked by others
    Lobo Gun Leather shows the RIA TAC Series on their list, assuming the TAC Series indicates a full rail

https://lobogunleather.com/handguns-accommodated/
    Last edited by JTQ; 8th December 2020 at 09:55.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BWDeadcat View Post
    I have both a single-stack and a double-stack. Trust me when I tell you: the CQC does NOT accommodate the double-stack. I can force it in, but extracting it is difficult - not a good situation when facing an adversary. I spoke with the tech department at Blackhawk; they specifically said the CQC is not designed to handle anything wider than a single-stack. Dara Holsters is the only manufacturer I've found (so far) that makes a holster specific to my particular choice of weapons.
    And I own both single stack Colt 1911s and double stack Para-Ordnance pistols (which share pretty much the same grip/mag well with the Armscor pistols), and my double stacks fit every holster I own -- all of which were bought for single stack 1911s. I asked why the double stack pistol won't fit the Serpa CQC. Can you post a photo of your pistol in your holster? Looking at the stock photo of the CQC, it doesn't appear to me that the holster in any way encloses the grip area, so I don't see how that would make any difference.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 8th December 2020 at 12:32.

Posts liked by others
    My single-stack slides in smoothly, retainer locks in place smoothly, extracts smoothly. My double-stack does not. (Curiously, my single-stack is .001" wider than my double-stack at the slide/holster contact area.) The retainer does not drop into the trigger well: the holster lips do not fit over the wider frame area just forward of the grip Without modification, the CQC is a no-go for my gun.
    I may buy another CQC and modify it to fit. Caveat: some of my experiments in the past have ended in expensive disasters (CQC is around $60) - and I was a gear machinist for thirty-five years. Worth a try, though; I really like the holster and the modularity/adjustability factor. Guess I'll put my milling machine to work...

Posts liked by others
    You may have missed my question before, but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Do both of your RIA's have the full length rail?

Posts liked by others
    You are apparently not wedded to the Serpa trigger finger latch.
    I'd say to just order the Dara and carry on. There are so many holster companies out there, you could spend the entire Biden administration looking at catalogs.

Me? I have two custom Kydex benders in fairly easy reach.

Posts liked by others
    JTQ: my 1911's: RIA 51486 (ROCK Ultra); 51567 (TAC Ultra HC) (stock pics - I haven't taken any of my own yet)

51486_1911-A1_ROCK_Ultra_FS_45ACP 1.jpg51567_1911-A1_TAC_Ultra_FS_HC_45ACP_leftprofile.jpg

Jim Watson: a point and a question:

I like the CQC trigger latch, but a similar or as accessible locking mechanism will do the job.

Do your Kydex benders require heat?

Posts liked by others
    That's why your double stack doesn't fit - it has a full length rail.

Your single stack has no rail.

Rail or no rail is the significant thing for holster fit.

You need to get a holster for a 5" 1911 (Government Model) with full rail for your double stack pistol.

Posts liked by others
    Note: The full rail is a big deal to specify when holster shopping. Most 1911 rails are not full length. Most holsters for railed 1911's are not designed for a full length rail. There are some available, but they are not the common configuration.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast