Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: New to Kimbers... a 2004 Stainless TLE/RL II w/EE

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

New to Kimbers... a 2004 Stainless TLE/RL II w/EE

The title will likely draw some clucks, guffahs, or other such expressions. Lol!
    Suffice it to say, I am an optimist!

I've read plenty of negative accounts regarding the external extractor. And, I've also read about some positive experiences. Granted, most of the accounts found online are over 10 years old. So, I guess most owners of the EE slides have either sent them back for replacement by Kimber, (no longer free, by the way) have worked out the bugs, (if they even had any) or they've sold their EE models.

Considering the current post-election climate replete with non-availability of ammunition, I have yet to get to the range to test this particular pistol. Honestly, I don't want to expend the limited supply of .45 acp that I have. In the meantime, I've got a packet of replacement Wolf Springs for the EE on order, as well a some G-10 grips to replace the Hogue wraparounds that came on it. (Anyone have a Stainless TLE/RL II with original grips to show off?... I'd be interested in seeing what came on it.)

Last edited by BulletheadBill; 28th November 2020 at 20:44.

Posts liked by others
    I believe that the black rubber double diamond stocks are what came on that model.

I had a stainless Pro Carry II, and a blued Custom TLE II years ago, and that’s what came on both.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Rick McC. is right it did come with a black rubber double diamond grip panels.

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for the replies Rick & Ric.
    -Bill
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (29th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I also have a TLE and it has been a good pistol. I note though that mine has an internal extractor. Yours looks good, though.

Wade

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by PolyKahr View Post
    I also have a TLE and it has been a good pistol. I note though that mine has an internal extractor. Yours looks good, though.

Wade
    Thanks Wade.

I've changed the grips to these G-10s. Hoping to test it out soon after the holidays.

One More, with the Ridiculous 10-round Magazine!
    -Bill
    Last edited by BulletheadBill; 15th December 2020 at 20:35.

Posts liked by others
    The G10 grips are solid. Living in the South, summers here are brutally hot, and the more sweaty your hands, the more grippy the grips. I like them a lot. Had them on for a number of years. Recently put a Crimson Trace laser sight on it, which means I have to go back to the rubber grips the pistol came with. Old eyes, donchaknow.

Wade
    Likes (1) :
    BulletheadBill (21st December 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Wade,
    I agree 100% about "grippy-ness" in hot & humid climates. Luckily, I recently scored some ammo in a local sporting goods store and am making plans to get to the range, soon.
    Also, I ordered a Smith & Alexander stainless MSH/magwell to replace the plastic factory MSH. The grips are cut for the magwell so I think it'll be an improvement, both functionally and aesthetically.
    -Bill
    -Bill