Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Dang it Wilson...You Cost Me More Money

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Dang it Wilson...You Cost Me More Money

I've been carrying and shooting my Wilson CQB Compact a lot more since COVID hit since .45 is easier to find than 9mm in my neck of the woods, but since it's my only 1911 at the moment since I went full on combat tupperware (mostly Walther and HK) a few years back, the CQB Compact was starting to feel lonely in the safe. So I started looking into buying another 1911. I knew that this time I wanted a full size gun. I was nearly ready to put down a deposit on a CQB build, when last night, I went in to a local shop, and lo and behold, there she was, the most stunning thing I've ever seen in the case at a gun shop. A Protector Elite. I couldn't help but lovingly caress and handle it, and before I knew it, I had my driver's license out, a 4473 in front of me, and my credit card out. Dang you Wilson Combat, why do you make such amazing 1911's. And on top of buying the gun, I already put the order in to Wilson for some things to personalize the gun to me...flatwire GI recoil spring assembly, stainless slotted grip screws, and cocobolo flat bottom starburst grips. Now I just have to find some time to shoot this gorgeous gal to make sure she shoots appropriately with my preferred .230 gr HST and Gold Dot carry loads.

Spec wise, the gun is a carbon slide in black Armor Tuff over a matte stainless frame with a Speed Chute mag well; plain black U notch battle sight with a tritium front sight; flush cut and reverse crowned barrel, serrated rear of the slide, and serrated top of the slide. Fore and aft cocking serrations, and a long trigger. For the most part, everything I would want in a full sized Wilson...though I may end up sending it in for the bottom of the trigger guard to get checkered as I like having that as an index point for my support hand.
    Likes (1) :
    MuyModesto (11th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Congrats on your new Wilson!
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Nice pick up. I love my carbon steel Wilson’s.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations on your choice! Enjoy it!
    Originality can't be restored, so put "originality" at the top of a priority list. If JMB didn't put it on the 1911 you don't need it.

Posts liked by others
    plain black U notch battle sight with a tritium front sight
    That's what my new CQB Wilson Commander has. I thought I might not like it, because my Kimber has the 3 dot night sights, but the green tritium front sight draws your eyes right to it due to the plain black rear U-sight. I adapted to it quickly and now like it best.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JD11 View Post
    That's what my new CQB Wilson Commander has. I thought I might not like it, because my Kimber has the 3 dot night sights, but the green tritium front sight draws your eyes right to it due to the plain black rear U-sight. I adapted to it quickly and now like it best.
    I've really liked a plain black rear with either a fiber optic, tritium dot, or gold dot front for some time.
    Likes (1) :
    JD11 (20th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I’ll say that it took me some time to get used to the plain rear U-notched sight (battlesight). But after I did, I absolutely love it as a quick defensive sight. Not the best for bullseye work . Most of my Wilson’s have the gold bead front sight and they are my favorites. My 5” CQB was purchased used (-100 rounds) and has an Ameriglo tritium. Although not my favorite I am starting to really like it. Very fast acquisition in the daytime and with the tritium it is very nice at night, too.

Your new cocobolo starburst grips will be very nice!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member
    Likes (1) :
    JD11 (20th November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    ...And it happened again. I've ordered another Wilson 1911. This time a CQB Elite in all black Armor Tuff with a tritium front sight, the bottom of the trigger guard checkered and the barrel flush cut and reverse crowned. ETA 4-6 months.

Posts liked by others
    Congratulations! Great Wilsons! I have a black over green Armor Tuff CQB and an all black Armor Tuff EDCX9s and couldn't be happier. I know you've got to be overjoyed with your selections.
    All that is complex is not useful and all that is useful is simple. -- Mikhail Kalashnikov

Posts liked by others

Show us the pics
    Likes (1) :
    RV6 (31st December 2020)