Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1911.ORG patches and decals

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

M1911.ORG patches and decals

Ladies and Gents -

A number of years ago John had some jacket patches and decals made up for M1911.org. A couple of evenings ago I was e-chatting with a fellow NRA instructor friend, and he sent me a photo of a drawer full of patches and stickers that he has collected over the years. This reminded me that if one person collects patches and stickers, other people probably do as well.

I would like to ask if there might be sufficient interest in these things to justify having another batch of M1911.org patches made. I know your first question will probably be, "How much will they cost?" The answer, unfortunately, is "We don't know." And there's good reason for that. I'll explain momentarily. First, here's a link to John's post from 2006 when he announced the patches and stickers:

https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...hlight=Patches

So -- about those prices. We can find a place to reproduce the patches, but the unit price starts out rather high for small quantities, and the unit price goes down VERY steeply as the quantity of the same design increases. Our patches were 3-1/2 inches in diameter. Looking at pricing from one web site, the minimum order if for six patches, and the price per patch is $18.15. For quantity 10 - 24 the unit price drops to $11.65 each. For 25 - 49 the price per patch is $6.16. For 50-99 the price is $3.22. For 100 to 199 the price per patch drops to $1.72 each.

Obviously, it would be a huge benefit to be able to order a larger quantity, but we don't have a slush fund we can tap to buy things such as patches and just have them lying around for the day someone wants to buy one. So ... I'm asking who would be interested in buying patches? This isn't a pre-order, it's just assessing interest. Please post below if you would be interested. If so, please also tell us how many you would want, and what's the maximum price you would pay per patch.

Obviously, prices have gone up for everything since 2006, so we can't expect to match what we did back them. As a comparison, the NRA sells a law enforcement patch that's 2.5"x3" (smaller than ours) for $3.95 -- and that one is monochrome.

Let us know it you are interested. And, please -- don't tell us you're interested if you're not going to be willing to place an order if this becomes reality. That won't help anyone, and it's unfair to the people who have agreed to work with us to try to make this happen. Let us know about stickers, too.

Thanks.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 27th October 2020 at 10:17. Reason: typo

Posts liked by others
    Hi Hawk - count me in please.

Rick

Posts liked by others
    4 @$10 each
    Thanks,
    Norton

Posts liked by others
    I'll take a couple of patches.

Posts liked by others
    4 patches and 5 stickers

Posts liked by others
    2 stickers for me, please.
    i sold all my handguns. . . . . . . . . . except for the 1911 style pistols in .45 ACP.

Posts liked by others
    Do the patches have velcro hooks on the back, or are they the sew-on type?

If velcro hook type; I’ll take two patches and two stickers. Otherwise; two stickers.

Also, if the quantity of the order is close to or just below the threshold of the units needed to get a better price; I’m good for it, and the extras can be held by John, Hawk, or whoever to meet future member interest and generate a little $$ for the forum.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    Do the patches have velcro hooks on the back, or are they the sew-on type?
    The patches we had before were the sew-on type, and that's what we are considering here. The velcro type are mostly suitable for military uniforms, where ranks and units may change periodically.
    Hawkmoon

Posts liked by others
    Well, the velcro backed ones have gotten very popular in the last couple of years. There are a lot of caps and range bags now that come with the velcro loop material already on them. My shooting cap has the loop stuff on it in three different places, and all the patches that I’ve received from IDPA over the last couple of years have had the velcro hook material on the back. That’s why I was asking.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (1) :
    Ric4509 (2nd November 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Rick, for applications such as caps and range bags I think the iron-on velcro material could easily be added to any sew-on patch and would hold up just fine. The iron-on is even supposed to survive a certain number of machine washing cycles, but I don't trust it for that. The iron-on tapes are available in the sewing and crafts department at Walmart.
    Hawkmoon
    Likes (2) :
    Ric4509 (2nd November 2020), Rick McC. (31st October 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast