Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder Measures

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    I have always gone sparingly using any solvent on it...maybe once or twice a year at the most. I think from now on I will only blow it out and if it needs further cleaning I will only wipe it out with a soft cloth

Posts liked by others
    I’ve never used a cleaning product on the inside or outside of a powder measure.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer
    Likes (2) :
    MuyModesto (21st October 2020), slohunter (29th December 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Double-base powders will damage reservoir tubes over time. Single-base powders should not. I keep Unique in my 750 and have not had a problem. Powders like Bullseye would damage it.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
    All my 1911s are in .45ACP. Why? Because fewer of bigger is better than more of smaller. --Me
    Beware Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips from Clayton, NC. He is ripping-off everyone

Posts liked by others
    VV N320 is what stays in mine, as I use it to load 9mm, and most of what I shoot is 9mm.

IF I load with either Bullseye or 700-X; it's usually emptied at the end of my reloading session. I use 700-X for .45 acp loads, and Bullseye to load .38 Spl.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    My only two powders now are Vihtavuori N-320 and N-310. I empty out my powder measure at the end of the reloading session, even if I am going to do more the next day. Only takes a couple minutes and my reservoir tube stays nice. Been doing it this way since the 70’s and too set in my ways to change.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member, GOA Member, MGO Member

Posts liked by others
    I always put powder back into the container, and never leave it over night in the powder measure. I just dump it back in the container and leave the measure upside down. As someone said, the film on the inside of the measure is graphite, and one wants that in there as a lubricant for the measure.

Wade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12