Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Loaders

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Magazine Loaders

I have an Officers Model, and a P10 with P10 AND P13 double row mags. Just got some Wolff springs for the P10, now am looking for a pointer on a magazine loader. The new springs are much stronger than the originals, and loading them is more like work than recreation!

There are a whole slew of magazine loaders on the market, and I would like to learn which ones the members have had best results using... Are there loaders which will handle both single and double row magazines?
    -30- Fred

Posts liked by others
    MFWIC
    DILLIGAF
    Stercus Accidit
    WTFDTSG
    Likes (2) :
    Doran (8th October 2020), JD11 (14th October 2020)

Posts liked by others
    I bought one recently , should have bought it years ago.

Posts liked by others
    Uplula is what I use too. The problem is, I now shoot much more ammo since loading magazines is very easy on the fingers and MUCH quicker. A great product.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP9 View Post
    Uplula is what I use.
    Yes, this is a great tool. The single stack spacer, while not required for single stack 1911 mags, does make it easier, and I'd recommended it.

All my pistol mags are single column mags, I typically didn't have much trouble loading any of them, but a few years ago I bought a few full size 7 round CheckMate mags with their extra power springs. Those were the first mags that gave me any trouble. I could do it, but after loading a few of them, my thumb was getting tired.

Something I ran into with the UpLula, was it didn't work quite as well with the CheckMate mags due to the dimple CheckMate puts at the top right of their tubes to help clear the mag catch. This is a little commented on feature of CheckMate mags, and one I really like, but it does make using the UpLula a little more difficult.

In the end, I bought the UpLula to work with the CheckMate mags with the stiff springs, but found it didn't work as well with the CheckMate's as it does with my other mags which are mostly Wilson and McCormick and I don't really need the tool to load them. It still is a very handy tool.

Posts liked by others
    Another vote for Uplula. Great tool.

Posts liked by others
    I bought an Uplula for my wife 12 years ago, but she never got it. I kept it, and I’d never go back to being without one.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Fee Whiz, I am very glad I asked! I expected several answers, probably with one type of loader getting two upchecks. Never thought the response would overwhelmingly favor one type, and one I have not heard of to boot! It looks simple, and handy sized. I'll go looking for one, and thanks muchly.
    -30- Fred
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (9th October 2020)

Posts liked by others
    Get one that is pink, that way it will not grow legs.

Posts liked by others
    Be sure to read the knockoff warning on the company's website as I've observed many knockoffs on ePay. I bought my wife's from MidwayUSA. She couldn't load more than a few rounds in her P365 magazines without one.
    Likes (1) :
    Rick McC. (9th October 2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast