Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Loaders

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others
    Uplula for me too. Saw famous shooter Jerry Miculek using one on a shooting show, if it's good enough for him, it's sure good enough for me.
    Something I ran into with the UpLula, was it didn't work quite as well with the CheckMate mags due to the dimple CheckMate puts at the top right of their tubes to help clear the mag catch.
    Right, but if I remember right, if I slightly press on the dimpled follower with a finger edge, the Uplula prong rides over the dimple for the first round then no problem with the rest. That's another reason why most of my mags are WCs.
    Last edited by JD11; 14th October 2020 at 08:51.

Posts liked by others
    ^^^^ That’s never presented a problem for me.
    "Sights are for the unenlightened."

Rick

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JD11 View Post
    Uplula for me too. Saw famous shooter Jerry Miculek using one on a shooting show, if it's good enough for him, it's sure good enough for me.

Right, but if I remember right, if I slightly press on the dimpled follower with a finger edge, the Uplula prong rides over the dimple for the first round then no problem with the rest. That's another reason why most of my mags are WCs.
    It's not the dimple/pimple on the follower, it is the dimple on the mag tube body.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    It's not the dimple/pimple on the follower, it is the dimple on the mag tube body.
    I have a number of Check-Mate magazines, and I don't recall ever seeing anything that could be described as a dimple on the magazine tubes. Can you post a picture?
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Magazines since 1913 have a slight indent on the RHS lip after an early material change made the lip too hard to flex when bypassing the magazine catch. The indent allowed the magazine to "ride over" the magazine catch.

Norwegian magazines, made of softer material and chemically finished without high heat, didn't require this indent.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    I have a number of Check-Mate magazines, and I don't recall ever seeing anything that could be described as a dimple on the magazine tubes. Can you post a picture?
    I can't post pictures, but if you have other mags, such as McCormick Power Mag or a Wilson 47 series, you can compare them to the CheckMates and notice the slight indentation on the top right side of the magazine tube body near the front present on the CheckMate tube and not on the McCormick or Wilson 47 tubes.

On a gun with a prominent mag catch, a CheckMate will insert smoother than most other 1911 mags due to the dimpled tube.
    Last edited by JTQ; 20th October 2020 at 06:04.

Posts liked by others
    The Ed Brown .45 Auto picture (choose the .45 in the drop down, if my picture grab doesn't work) shows the dimple fairly well.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/10mm-magazine/

Posts liked by others
    Like so--
    847-thin.jpg

Posts liked by others
    Just received an alert for today's response by SteveRTA10... Had forgotten to close the loop. I got a Magdula, black, by the way, not pink. Was totally unprepared for how much easier it makes life. Thanks, Guys!
    -30- Fred

Posts liked by others
    In addition to Steve's photo, the Ordnance specs for the dimple are shown in SECTION B-B, below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind. [Lord Kelvin]
    Last edited by niemi24s; 15th October 2021 at 11:38.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast