Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: 1943 Union Switch and Signal 'Lunchbox' for sale on GB....interesting gun

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

1943 Union Switch and Signal 'Lunchbox' for sale on GB....interesting gun

Interesting gun......

From GB > "A scarce original Union Switch and Signal 1911A1 .45 ACP pistol, made in 1943. All correct parts. A variation known as a "lunchbox gun" as it left the factory and was never issued or inspected by the ordinance sub inspector. As such, it is lacking the RCD inspection stamp on the frame. These are few and far between. Do not be concerned, this is not a fabricated US&S, it is the real deal. The finish has been cleaned/worn off. Though some original parko-lubrite finish still appears to be intact, but thin. The barrel (has been parkerized) is a correct HS marked high standard. The barrel bushing has the correct concentric machining circles showing, the main spring housing is the correct fine checkered type. has the correct fire blued, stamped trigger. The correct keyes fibre grips with reinforcing ribs and mold numbers are in excellent shape with no chips or cracks. Includes one period "L" marked magazine. The bore has light frost and nice rifling."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posts liked by others
    Blog Entries
    If that is your gun, this thread should be moved to another Forum (For Sale, Guns).

If not, please remove the links to the auctions.
    John Caradimas SV1CEC
    The M1911 Pistols Organization
    http://www.m1911.org

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    If that is your gun, this thread should be moved to another Forum (For Sale, Guns).

If not, please remove the links to the auctions.
    Greetings - it is not my gun. Perhaps I don't understand the rules. I figured the only way to start a discussion on this gun was to post the relevant information.

I also think I am confused about which forum this is! I am a member of another 1911 forum, and they too have a USGI sub-forum, and on that forum, I (and lots of others) have posted links such as the ones in this post. And as a result, great discussions have occurred.

Please advise. thanks - RIchard
    Last edited by Sir_Ricardo; 17th September 2020 at 12:36.

Posts liked by others
    My philosophy is "Buy the gun, not the story." The "lunchbox" gun story makes a great story, but there's no way to verify the pistol's provenance so there's no way to know if the story is true, or a total fabrication.

This pistol can certainly be discussed here, but the link to the auction cannot be posted here. You were advised when you joined this forum to read our rules, The rules include the following:

18. Links to on-line auctions of any kind are not allowed anywhere on this forum. If you are looking at a firearm or accessory on an auction site and wish to ask for advice regarding the item, you may post links to any individual photos from the auction and you may copy and quote the item description, but you may NOT post a direct link to any auction or auction site. There will be no exceptions to this. Any links to on-line auctions will be removed, either by editing your post or by deleting the entire post.
    Please remove the links to the auction, and post individual photos of anything you wish to discuss and I'm sure we'll have a number of people who will enjoy joining in the discussion.
    Hawkmoon
    On a good day, can hit the broad side of a barn ... from the inside

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Please remove the links to the auction, and post individual photos of anything you wish to discuss and I'm sure we'll have a number of people who will enjoy joining in the discussion.
    Sounds good. However, I'm attempting to either edit my original post, or, failing that, deleting the entire thread...yet I can't find the way to do this. Normally it would be obvious, so perhaps I'm overlooking an 'edit' or 'delete' command that's right in front of me.

Do these post go 'un-editable' after a period of time? I posted the offending post 2 days ago. Can it still be edited / deleted?

I will continue the effort to delete. thanks -
    Last edited by Sir_Ricardo; 17th September 2020 at 19:56.

Posts liked by others
    As far as I can tell, the first post is non-editable. If any of you know how to edit a 2-day old post, or delete it, let me know. thanks -

Posts liked by others
    Links removed.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter