Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Kimber Aegis Elite Pro range report.

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Kimber Aegis Elite Pro range report.

Finally got a chance to take the new Kimber down to my backyard range this afternoon.

The mostly good -

I ran about 125 rounds through it. A mix of CCI Blazer Brass 230 gr FMJ, Armscor 230 gr FMJ and Winchester white box Personal Defense JHP.
    I used a mix of Kimber 8 round SS and Kimber 7 round blued magazines

I was drawing from holstered and shooting doubles and triples on paper and steel. I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder in June and my shoulder isn't quite 100% yet and I think that had some effect on my accuracy but I was happy with my shooting.

I had two FTFs using the Armscor ammo, the slide locked back with ammo in the mag. This happened with on two different loadings and I think it may have been the same 8 round SS magazine. Release the slide and it went into battery and finished the mag with no problems. Both happened in the first 4 magazines ran through the gun. After those 2 malfunctions there were no further problems

Other than the two FTFs it operated properly with all magazines and fed both the FMJ the JHP as it should.
    Overall I am mostly happy with the performance and accuracy of the pistol but I will need to run some more ammo through it before it goes on the belt full time.

With every silver lining there is a cloud -
    This part I'm not ecstatic about. =|

I really like the fiber optic sights this thing came with. Green for the rear and red for the front. They made for a good sight picture and quick acquisition.
    Right up until the red fiber in the front sight went AWOL.
    Kimber was thoughtful enough to include spare sight fibers. Looks like enough to replace all three fibers twice.
    Not pleased with that but not a deal breaker. I'll install a replacement fiber and hit the range again. If it happens again I will strongly consider going to some version of tritium night sights.
    Last edited by LarryM; 17th August 2020 at 16:00.

Posts liked by others
    I replaced the lost FO insert with the spare that came with the gun. Took less than 3 minutes to get it done.
    Managed to get in some more range time with the new Kimber today.
    200 rounds of mixed reloads, plated and cast lead, and some factory JHP. used a variety of 8 round and 7 round magazines. Zero malfunctions and the fiber optic sights are still intact.
    This pistol will now be added to the carry rotation.
    Likes (1) :
    DocWyatt (24th August 2020)

Posts liked by others
    You didn't hit the fiber insert with any Brake Cleen or other type solvent did you? A person or two who know more than myself on this site or another say that strong spray solvents are a quick death to the fiber optic tubes. Can't remember if they said it shrinks, cracks or discolors them.