Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Checkmate magazine replacement springs

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Checkmate magazine replacement springs

In the Unusual Feed Stoppages thread, Steve in Allentown posted in post #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Allentown
    My favorite mags are the Checkmate 8 round, hybrid feed lip, extended ones (CM45-8-S-RB-EXT). They feed incredibly smoothly but the springs don't seem to have as long a service life as most others. When they lose their strength I replace them with Tripp MS-14C.042 springs (http://www.trippresearchinc.com/ms-14c-042/).

I also found the Checkmate webpage where you can order replacement 1911 8rd magazine springs, but it does not specify if for extended base, or normal length.

Checkmate does not specify the material used in their springs. The Tripp Research springs, being chrome silicon, probably have superior fatigue resistance.

Posts liked by others
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2267 View Post
    I don't know.

• Q2: I could not tell from the Tripp web page... do these Tripp MS-14C.042 springs have the "loop" at the top to properly engage the CMI patented follower? If not, I take it that the spring works fine without it?
    No loop but they work well.

• Q3: (Related to Q1) Will the above mentioned spring also work for the 8rd non-extended Checkmate magazines (CM45-8-S-H / CM45-8-B-H)?
    I don't know.

. . . it does not specify if for extended base . . .
    extended TUBE

Posts liked by others
    Thanks for clarifications!

Posts liked by others
    CMIBrandon - the CheckMate rep on the forum - talks about springs for their CMF in this thread, though I don't think it answers your questions completely.

https://forum.m1911.org/showthread.p...oduction/page2

Thunder Mountain Custom carries replacement springs for CheckMate mags https://shop.1911parts.com/Magazine-Springs_c62.htm