Welcome to M1911.ORG
The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site

John needs your help
Please read this message.

Sponsors Panel
If you intend to buy something from the companies advertising above, or near the bottom of our pages, please use their banners in our sites. Whatever you buy from them, using those banners, gives us a small commission, which helps us keep these sites alive. You still pay the normal price, our commission comes from their profit, so you have nothing to lose, while we have something to gain. Your help is appreciated.
If you want to become a sponsor and see your banner in the above panel, click here to contact us.

Thread: Questions regarding the 6" doublestack 10mm

THREAD CLOSED
This is an old thread. You can't post a reply in it. It is left here for historical reasons.Why don't you create a new thread instead?
    Posts liked by others

Questions regarding the 6" doublestack 10mm

I sort of have my eye on the Rock Island 6" double stack 10mm. Just has a few quick questions, though:

The magwell - How easy is it to remove? Is it built into the mainspring housing, or does it just bolt on under the grips? Or does it bolt to the frame?

Grips - With the magwell gone, I'll probably want to replace the grips. I understand that double stack RIA don't use "standard" doubles tack 1911 grips. What options do I have?

Bull Barrel - I've never owned a bull barrel 1911 before. I assume that means it has a two piece guide rod that has to be disassembled with an hex wrench during the field stripping process?
    The people should not fear their government. Government should fear the people.

Posts liked by others
    Hopefully you'll get feedback from owners of other doublestack Rock Island pistols, but I know I've seen many use aftermarket grips intended for Para-Ordnance/ParaUSA pistols.
    Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
    M. Setter

Posts liked by others
    Yes, I hope so too. Soon would be nice.

Posts liked by others
    I looked around for you and could not find anything about the mag well funnel. I guess you will have to call them up.

I did see a video with takedown. It is indeed a two piece full length guide rod that must be unscrewed to dismount. Unfortunately, they slotted the end instead of making an Allen or Torx socket. It is painful to watch the allegedly professional dealer/gunsmith fumbling with it.